Trouble TTC
Options

Prescribed Metformin today...

We've been TTC for 2 1/2 years now and I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere. Had my appointment this morning and was prescribed metformin so when I got home I started researching it. It seems like a lot of what I'm seeing is metformin in combination with Clomid. Is this the norm?

Re: Prescribed Metformin today...

• Options

I was diagnosed as insulin resistant and endo prescribed Met 2000mg. I had heard it helps regulate you and makes better quality eggs. Looking back I feel like I waited to long to add the clomid. After 9 months I added 50 mg of Clomid= no O. The next month it was increased to 100 mg, then I added a trigger shot and IUI, this is when I got the BFP.

Gradually increase your Metformin dose otherwise you might stop taking it. You'll experience "bathroom issues" and you can't drink alcholol either. Good luck!

Lauryn Married 10.14.06 Baby 4.28.10 imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Thank you! I'm starting with 500mg for a week then up to 1000mg a day for another week then I have another appointment to see how it's going.

Thanks again!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have been on Met for 10 months. Have PCOS and IR. Met jumped started ovulation and my last 2 periods have been about 32 days apart! I just took my Met dose down from 2000 to 1500 because I was tired of the on again off again nausea. Waiting to see if that will change the progress I had with my period. Still try to eat better and exercise more. Ran my first 5k a couple of weeks ago! Have lost 18lbs in 10 months. It's progress but it's frustrating- I wish it were faster. Going to Endro Dr. next month for next steps. Good luck to you all! Feel free to email me if you wanna chat: missjgriff@yahoo.com.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageGriff:
    Have been on Met for 10 months. Have PCOS and IR. Met jumped started ovulation and my last 2 periods have been about 32 days apart! I just took my Met dose down from 2000 to 1500 because I was tired of the on again off again nausea. Waiting to see if that will change the progress I had with my period. Still try to eat better and exercise more. Ran my first 5k a couple of weeks ago! Have lost 18lbs in 10 months. It's progress but it's frustrating- I wish it were faster. Going to Endro Dr. next month for next steps. Good luck to you all! Feel free to email me if you wanna chat: missjgriff@yahoo.com.

Did it take 8 months before they started to become regular?

• Options
    metformin alone was enough for me...my doc had me start metformin and I was going to be on that for 6 months before going to clomid if needed. But metformin got me to ovulate once on my own after a couple months, and well DD was the result of that.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"