LGBT Parenting
Options

advice...

Hey there everyone!

So this is my first post here at the BUMP. My wife and I just celebrated our one yr wedding anniversary and we are now talking children... We hope to start making plans for our future with them.

We already have a friend lined up to be our baby's daddy etc, but what is the steps that everyone else has made or done.

Help us get our  family started.

Soon to be mommies in the OC. 

Re: advice...

• Options

Here's a link to a recent thread on the Nest Same-Sex Household boards.  Sometimes baby related questions are posted over there too.

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/22893967.aspx

Good luck and welcome!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Welcome!

I always like to recommend books.  There are a couple of books specifically written for (and by) women in same-sex relationships who want to get pregnant that cover alllll the details and ins and outs of getting pregnant and then some.  I think these books are a really great place to start when you don't know where to start because they answer all of the basic questions that most of us have when we start this journey.  They are "The Ultimate Guide to Pregnancy for Lesbians" by Rachel Pepper and "The New Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception Pregnancy and Birth" by Stephanie Brill. 

Neither is a bible that needs be followed to the letter (the Brill book in particular is based on the practices and standards of one particular midwifery practice), but they are great sources of information, and will at least give you somewhere to start. They are both available online from the major bookstores (B&N, Borders, Amazon).

Also, if you are planning on using a known donor, which is sounds like are, you are going to want to make sure that you are fully covered legally, and both of these books address the legal issues of using a known donor (they also cover the ins and outs of working with sperm banks, for those of us who chose to go that route).

Good luck and welcome to the board!

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree with Mrs_F. My DW and I bought those books when we were first thinking about children and I have read them and re read them. They are amazing!!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"