Georgia Babies
Options

Daycare Moms- question about meds

Does your daycare make you fill out a form if YOU administer meds to your child?  I'm a little annoyed b/c my daycare director keeps making me fill out this obnoxiously detailed form everytime I go down there to give Gavin a breathing treatment.  I can understand them needing it if THEY give him the meds, but I'm his mother... I'm doing it myself- why on earth do I need to give them the stupid Rx number?  And that's another thing.  WTH do they need the Rx number to begin with?  If he has some kind of reaction, what do they think that Rx number is going to do?  That is a pharmacy tracking number- it's not going to help in the event of an emergency.  I'm just annoyed right now and wondering if I am missing something?  I usually do his maintenece treatment at home so I don't have to deal with it, but he was with my mom yesterday and she forgot it so I didn't want to wait until we get home tonight. 

Re: Daycare Moms- question about meds

• Options

If you are administering the med, you should not have to fill out anything.  aren't you with Bright Horizons?  That's who we had and never had to fill out a form.  I was at the GP for Kids (Bright Horizons) and the director is one of the leads for the area--

They did make us a fill out a form for diaper cream, bug spray, sunscreen, etc which was annoying.  But never if I administered. 

• Options
    imagemaykat:

If you are administering the med, you should not have to fill out anything.  aren't you with Bright Horizons?  That's who we had and never had to fill out a form.  I was at the GP for Kids (Bright Horizons) and the director is one of the leads for the area--

They did make us a fill out a form for diaper cream, bug spray, sunscreen, etc which was annoying.  But never if I administered. 

No, this is not Bright Horizons... it is a Gov't Contract Provider- Angelic Care.  They are on-site at my office.  I think she misunderstood the rules and thinks she needs a form for ALL meds no matter who administers it... but I don't know where to find it to prove that it's unneccesary.  I'm just grouchy today and didn't feel like filling out that stupid form.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'll admit it's probably overkill, but it's probably a CYA (cover your a$$) thing more than anything else. They need something to prove that a drug was adminstered, even if you did it. If Gavin were to have a reaction to the drug, they'd need to know what he was given while under their care, even if you did it.

And I don't think they need the prescription number. Don't they need the DEA #?

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I haven't had to give Ava any meds yet.  But the state did come and inspected our daycare recently and said that you could not have meds there without this form even OTC and that the daycare is not aloud to give meds PRN (or as needed).  They also said that if we give the meds it has to be documented like what you are doing.  Very annoying but I think it is a state thing.  I guess b/c you are giving the meds on their property they want to have documentation.  IMO it has to do with the sue happy nation we live in! 

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've never had to fill out any paperwork if I'm giving the medication.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagemyrall:

I'll admit it's probably overkill, but it's probably a CYA (cover your a$$) thing more than anything else. They need something to prove that a drug was adminstered, even if you did it. If Gavin were to have a reaction to the drug, they'd need to know what he was given while under their care, even if you did it.

Ditto.  I'd say it's in case he has some kind of reaction after you're gone.  They'd need to know what he was given.  

• Options
    No, I give DD ibuprofen myself in the morning or at lunch and don't fill anything out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"