3rd Trimester
Options

When did you or when are you going to have your baby shower?

The girls just scheduled mine and at first it was going to be Sept. 13th at 31 weeks and they had to change the date to October 11th and I will be 35 weeks.  Is that later than normal or is that still ok?  I am just hoping I am still feeling well at that time.  Of course I really hope so also because DH and I are doing a 5K for Race for the Cure on October 10th (walking of course not running!).

Re: When did you or when are you going to have your baby shower?

• Options
    Mine was @ 33w.  35w should be fine.  You'll probably still feel okay.
  • Options
    Mine is going to be after she is born, but I am outside of the norm Cool
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had one this past weekend I was 30 weeks and I have another one September 19 and I'll be about 35 weeks.?
  • Options
    mine will be when i'm going to be 35 weeks also.  Shouldn't be a big deal.
  • Options
    Mine was at 32w3d and I was already in the hospital on bedrest :(
  • Options

My first one is at 33 weeks and my second at 35 weeks.  I'm looking forward to them and feel that the girls that are planning the showers and I picked good dates.  I wanted to have a big belly for my pictures :)  

I dunno why, but it really bothers me when girls have showers when they aren't very far along...just my 2 cents! 

• Options

one will be Sept 26th when I will be 32 weeks, and the other is after thanksgiving (canadian) but it's a surprise, so probably around 36 weeks. 

I cant wait!

• Options
    ill be 32 weeks when we have ours
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Mine is going to be a surprise, so I have no idea...I do know that the invitations just came in last week b/c my mom slipped and told me in general conversation last week that the invitations were in, I'll be 30 weeks on Saturday, I am guessing I will be around 34-35 weeks as well considering the invitations probably just went out.  We should be fine.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I had my family shower at 30 wks, my friends shower will be this weekend at 35 wks, and my co-worker shower isn't until sept. 13th at 38 wks. 

You should be fine!  I wish they were a little sooner because I feel like I still have so much to get, but I don't want to go out buying stuff until after the showers. 

• Options
    September 12th. I'll be 31w5d.
  • Options
    Mine was at 34 weeks and I was fine, shouldn't be a problem at 35 weeks.  Still have a month or so to go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'll be 37 weeks for mine....thats late but not my choice :(    and my MIL is throwing my one after the baby comes b/c she likes to be difficult :)

you should be fine at 35 weeks they're usually like 4 or more weeks before your EDD

Diagnosed with ML type II at 1 year, a progressively destructive disorder. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker check out my blog http://mommaskye.blogspot.com/ Expecting a little boy! Diagnosed with ML type II at 19 weeks Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    28 weeks because I had to travel for it.  I don't see why 35 weeks would be bad though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mine was at 33 weeks- i felt fine
    DS1 10/5/09 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'll be 33 weeks.. I'm sure you will be fine!
  • Options
    sgrlsgrl member
    My first one, with family, is at 31w5d. My coworkers are throwing a small one on September 9 - I'll be 34 weeks.  Then my friends are doing one September 12 - I'll be 34w3d.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine was this past Sunday and I was 33 weeks almost 34.  Aside from a little swelling in the feet, I felt great.  I would suggest sitting down occasionally, I stood for long periods of time trying to mingle with everyone (I had a big shower, both families) and my feet were killing me at the end of the day.  GL and have fun!!
  • Options

My first was at like 29 weeks.  My sister did it so early because it was a surprise and she wanted to throw me off.

I have another this weekend and I'll almost be 37 weeks.  I think this is pushing it.  I'm excited and grateful, but it will be tough.  But I'll handle it like a champ!

• Options

I think I'm having two and they are both surprises...but I think they will both be in September so I'll be around 32-35 weeks.

I kinda just wish I knew when they were, so at least I could make sure I'm looking somewhat cute :)?

• Options
    I had mine when I was 35/35 and I felt fine.  I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    Mine will be at 35 weeks. I wish it was earlier but I'm not complaining!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mine is a surprise so i don't know for certain,  but i'm pretty sure it's Oct 3rd which will make me 35 weeks... I think that's pretty normal. I'll be traveling to be there for it, which worries me, but DH will do the driving.
  • Options

Mine is this weekend and I'll be 35 weeks.  I, like you, was concerned about it being a little later too.  I still feel pretty good at this point and will definitely have a nice belly for pictures. 

My one issue was/is having to wait to buy any items we may need in the first couple weeks because we don't know what we'll receive at our shower.  I'm a worrier at heart so I'll be glad next week when we can have everything ready to go and can relax. :)

• Options
    Mine will be this weekend at 33 1/2 weeks.
  • Options

I had one in July at 28 weeks.  I'll have one this weekend at 32 weeks.  Sounds like I may be having one in September at 36 weeks

So apparently I have a shower every 4 weeks

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had my shower at 35 1/2 weeks, then a couples shower at 37 1/2.  You should be fine at 35 weeks.
  • Options
    I had my first one this past weekend at 32 weeks. I will be 35 weeks at my other one.
  • Options

I'm not supposed to know about it but mine is on Sunday. So excited! :)

• Options
    I was 34 weeks for mine.  I felt totally fine.  Of course it happened to be one of the hottest day so of the year for us here and it was outside so people were super hot, but other than that it was great!  I think work is planning on taking me out to lunch in a couple weeks when I am 38 weeks. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'll be almost 35 weeks at my shower. ?
  • Options

Mine is Sept. 13 and I'll be 33 weeks.

• Options
    Mine is this Saturday and I'll be 32 weeks.  I'll be happy to find out what I still need to buy.  I've been looking forward to having everything ready for baby Caleb.
  • Options
    I have one this weekend when I will be 31 weeks and another when I will be 33 weeks. I wanted to do them earlier rather than later because if we have any other shopping to do for gifts we didn't get, I didn't want to be miserable. My pelvis is already giving me problems, so I get aches and pains from walking more than 30 mins. But, I don't think 35 is too late as long as you still feel good :)
  • Options
    Mine is Saturday I will be 38 weeks.
  • Options
    Mine is this week. I will be at 35 weeks and I feel fine other than some swelling. I wish it was earlier so I'd have more time to buy stuff that I need and didn't receive but we're in the midst of moving this summer plus my FIL past away. Hopefully, the weather will cool down a bit this weekend.
  • Options
    this weekend, at 29 weeks. Its a bit early, but I wanted it at my ILs shore house and wanted to make sure it was still summer weather, plus didn't want it to conflict with football games (college and pro)
  • Options

I had mine at 30 weeks which was really nice for planning what was still needed for the baby and for getting the nursery ready. It also allowed me to get my thank yous out nice and quick.

You should still be ok at 35 weeks, you just have a little less time for organizing all your stuff. Good luck!

• Options
    I had a shower on Sunday at 37w1d- I think you're good!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Options
    I'll be 34 weeks and huge perfect for pictures!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"