Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

COLON CLEANSE?

Hope that got eveyone's attention! But seriously, I read that it is dangerous/ill-advised to cleanse while pg or nursing. Why nursing? Has anyone "cleansed" while nursing...or ever for that matter? Ick!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: COLON CLEANSE?

• Options

I wanted to try this once and was told by  my doctor that it's a bad idea in general, and the herbal cleansers can lessen the effectiveness of birth control. Besides that, he said it is very hard on your system and that if you are eating a proper diet, your body should effectively be cleansing itself naturally anyway...

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's never crossed my mind beside the fact that I think, "ewww," when it's mentioned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think it's ill-advised no matter what - most doctors seem to think those "cleansing" diets are a crock.

And I would expect that it's a bad idea while nursing because you are supplying your child with nutrients, which you yourself are getting from food. If you chug salt water for three days, drink only juice for a week, or mess with your diet in some other extreme way, that just doesn't add up. You need to actually be continually nourishing your body while you are breastfeeding.

DD (8), DS (5), DD (3)
    baby #4 due March '17!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"