Austin Babies
Options

Poll (borrowed from 12-24) What's your DC's fav book?

Saw this on the 12-24 month board and thought it was a great poll.  Plus I was going to go to the library this weekend and get some new books for Megan Embarrassed

Re: Poll (borrowed from 12-24) What's your DC's fav book?

• Options
    MrsAJLMrsAJL member
    One Thumb, Two Thumb, Drumming on a Drum
  • Options
    Umm, DS doesn't sit long enough for me to read him a book. DD likes the Dr. Suess Big Blue Book because she can read some of it on her own now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrsAJL:
    One Thumb, Two Thumb, Drumming on a Drum

This one and Doggies by Sandra Boynton.  Really anything by Sandra Boynton, but she's way into dogs right now, so she points and squeals when you read it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Where is the Green Sheep and Chicca Chicca Boom Boom
  • Options

Goodnight Moon has always been a favorite and it never ceases to amaze me how DS seems to discover and fixate on something new in the book every couple of nights.

He's also very into the 'peek-a-boo'/interactive types of books.  Elmo's Favorite Places and Where's Baby's Bellybutton are among his favorites in that category right now

• Options
    EmerEmer member

Anything and everything by Sandra Boynton.

First word/sign books where she could point to pictures and say the word or we would ask her to point to something and she could pick it out.

• Options

Syd's favorites are "The Barnyard Dance" and "Bellybutton Book" by Sandra Boynton. We read them so often during the day I could recite them in my sleep..?

This tiny hippopotamus has something small to say... and if we're very quiet now she'll say it right away.. ?

• Options

imageMrsBeckO:
    This tiny hippopotamus has something small to say... and if we're very quiet now she'll say it right away..  

Bebo! hehe Megan loves that one too!  It's at DH's parents house now though so we've had a break from it

• Options

Gossie

and

BooBoo

and

she and I both love

The Going-To-Bed Book

"The moon is high, the sea is deep, they rock, and rock, and rock to sleep."

Sigh.  I just love it.

• Options

DD loves all Sandra Boynton books as well.  She also likes Goodnight Moon.

However, I think her current favorites are "Brown Bear, Brown Bear..."  and "Panda Bear, Panda Bear..." by Eric Carle. 

She also loves to read "There's a Wocket in my Pocket" by Dr Seus.  She loves the page that goes "there's the Tellare, and the Nellar, and the Gellar, and the Dellar, and the Bellar,and the Wellar, and the Zellar in the cellar"  She laughs everytime.  Smile

• Options

Owen and I love the Gossie books.  We also read  "Mommy Mine" together. 

Campbell's book of the moment is "Brave Margaret."   I thought it was a bit old for her but she loves to re-enact slaying the Giant and I love it because it is a girl power kind of book.

https://www.amazon.com/Brave-Margaret-Robert-San-Souci/dp/0689848501

She reads that and "Septimus Bean and his Amazing Machine" every night. 

We've never had a bad book from the Chinaberry catalog, either!

• Options

Anything and everything Curious George. The old books are terrible though...one story has George sitting down to smoke a pipe.  Tongue Tied So - read it first to be sure it's a newer version.

DD still at 2.5 loves the Sandra Boynton books. We have them all and she loves them all. 

The Little Engine That Could is a big hit too...but it's long, so probably best for the closer to 2 age group. 

Another good series is the Little Wombat books by Charles Fuge. 

• Options
    DD loves so many of the books mentioned above, but lately she really enjoys Mem Fox's Time For Bed. (If you haven't read the book, it is really sweet and very "sleepy-time" soothing.)
  • Options

Believe it or not Abby's latest obsession is *** and Jane.  MIL bought her the storybook  which is a collection of *** and Jane stories.  Abby has started reading on her own and she can read these so she loves it.

• Options
    Steven's favorite book is "Are you my mother?"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"