Alaska Babies

I feel like a failure

My LO has been inconsolable all day today.  I have worn him, rocked him, walked with him, bounced him, sang to him, laid down with him, nursed until my nips feel like they're going to fall off... nothing has worked.

10 minutes ago I put him down in the vibrating baby rocker out of desperation.... and he's sitting there quiet; looking around all wide-eyed and smiling. *sigh*

Re: I feel like a failure

• I think the rule for babies is that whenever you think you know what works, they change it on you. Sorry you had such a rough day!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickerscharlatti's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Thank God for that chair!  lol.   Pray it works tomorrow and the next day, too.  ;)
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Loading the player...
  • Honestly, sometimes I think DS just wants to sit or lay down by himself and kick or wiggle. He can be super fussy, and then when I put him down for a minute, he's as happy as a clam. It does make you feel kind of bad, but if it makes him happy, so be it!

• (HUGS) This has happened to me too. Somedays he just wants the swing or bouncy seat.
  • You're not a failure at all!  Heck, you figured out what he needed... I'd call that a success!  Any chance he's gassy?  DD used to get calm in her vibrating bouncy seat & it was usually when she was gassy.  Hope the rest of your day goes a little better!
  • You aren't a failure!!  Babies are weird sometimes about what they want/need - and sometimes nothing seems to work.  Maybe he just needed a little "space"?  He'll be back to wanting to be held soon I'm sure.
  • image847Christine:
    You're not a failure at all!  Heck, you figured out what he needed... I'd call that a success!  Any chance he's gassy?  DD used to get calm in her vibrating bouncy seat & it was usually when she was gassy.  Hope the rest of your day goes a little better!

He's super gassy---he farts like a little old man.  I think I figured out why yesterday was so bad.  Normally DS poops several times a day, but yesterday, he didn't poop at all.  Today, however... so far he's pooped 3 times, and all 3 of them were of EPIC proportions.  Happily, 2 of the 3 were while I left him with daddy so I could go to the store lol.

• agree with pps - not a failure at all!!  there are many times when one or both of my LOs want to be on their own for a bit.  it is normal and healthy and good for you for figuring out what he needed!! :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"