Boston Babies
Options

Best Strollers for getting around Boston?

I am starting to look at strollers to register for and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a good stroller that would be a smooth ride for the baby, but also lightweight.  I walk around a lot, take the T and live on the second floor of a condo. 

Re: Best Strollers for getting around Boston?

• Options

I

have a
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I

have a BOB
  • Options

I

have a BOB jogger and a
  • Options
    I have a BOB jogger and a bugaboo and I can tell you that neither fit thru the isle on a T Bus.  A pain if people in the first section don't let you by and nobody can pass by.  But they both work great on the T Trains and cruising around town.  BOB is great fo going upstairs too.  We live in a condo as well.
  • Options

For the T - and esp. the T bus or the green line if you ever take it, I strongly recommend you get something small, lightweight, and easy to fold!  We got a large stroller that could be used for both carseat and afterwards, but I wish instead that we got a snap-n-go for the carry-in-the-carseat months and then gone with one of the smaller Maclarens. 

We do love our Zooper Waltz for really long walks and even riding the T but it takes up a lot of space and it's a pain to get up steps (i.e. T bus, green line).  That being said the basket is huge so it's great for urban shopping!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I went with the City Mini by Baby Jogger.  It gets excellent reviews. You can see reviews on babies r us and amazon, online you can purchase for $229.  I went to a play it again sports to test it out.  So easy to fold and lightweight.  It's like 15 pounds compared to all these other 29 pounders it's so light. 

I'm a big fan of the City MIni!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You may want to take a look at the Micralite Toro.  The fold is quick and super small.  it was just given to score by Consumer repots and seems to be built for city-dwellers.  It is really easy to go up and down stairs because of the way the back tires are positioned.  It is pricey, but worth it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"