D.C. Area Babies
Options

diapers- favorite brands?

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it when I scanned the old posts. Are there any diaper brands that you liked or didn't like? DH and I have purchased an assortment of diapers to prepare for DS' homecoming, but I just wanted to know what other moms have found in their diapering experiences. Thanks!!

Re: diapers- favorite brands?

• Options
    love pampers swaddlers and cruisers.....hated Huggies for DS...they were too tight.  I like Target when DS was younger and then they changed them and I didnt like them anymore.  They would leave yuck all over him.  I never tried Luvs
  • Options
    We've used Pampers for the most part and love them.  I think a lot of it depends on the shape of your baby though since some brands might fit better than others to prevent leaks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we have been using pampers swaddlers and really like them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

we dislike Pampers and love the BRU no-brand diapers

I've also found that BRU are unscented while Pampers are not. Pampers leak for us.

Huggies are OK but we buy BRU exclusively

• Options
    I love our Blueberries and Bum Genius diapers.  I've also recently started Green Mountain Diapers prefolds with Thirsties covers!!
  • Options
    love the pampers swaddlers....now we use the baby dry because the cruisers left nasty stuff on her crotch.  hated huggies and all the other brands.  costco ones were ok when we used them, not as good as the baby dry imo. 
  • Options

We like Huggies...

Don't really like the BRU... they work OK, but, if we leave her in them too long, they leak.  So, since the babysitter is better about changing her more promptly - we are sending those there.  :)

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We used pampers for the first few months of DS's life.  I tried Huggies when he was young, and he kept leaking and having poop explosions.  They fit him better now, but I still don't like them. 

When DS was 4 months old, we switched to Luvs.  I really like them.  They're much cheaper, softer than Huggies (but not as soft as Pampers) and don't leak.

However, I've learned that every baby is different when it comes to diapers.  I have friends that despise Pampers and Luvs, but have a love affair with Huggies.  It really depends on the shape of your kid.

• Options
    We used Pampers when he wore NB size and now use Costco brand (Kirkland).  I haven't had any issues, so I never tried a bunch of different brands. 
  • Options

It really does depend on the shape of the baby...

We used Pampers when he was a newborn and have used Kirkland and Huggies ever since (knock on wood, blowouts and leaks have been very very rare). 

• Options
    We also used newborn Pampers Swaddlers.  Then we started using Huggies because the Size 1 Swaddlers were sticking to DD.  Also a plus that Costco carries Huggies, although I do like the BRU Supreme Huggies better (more $ though).  We're now on Size 3 and still using Huggies.  We have had some blowouts recently - I think it's the oatmeal cereal.
  • Options
    We used Pampers Swaddlers, Huggies, Luvs, and Parent's Choice (Walmart) when DS was first born since we had them all as gifts or hand me downs. When we ran out we bought Parent's Choice and loved them but as DS has gotten bigger (he wears a size 6 now) the Parent's Choice started to leak at night. We tried Huggies but they leaked, my MIL swears by the DVS brand but I don't like them, and we're now using Pampers Baby Dry or Cruisers. I like them because they have the stretchy tab fastener. They still leak at times but I think they've done the best for us.
  • Options

Pampers Swaddlers.  I was sad when he outgrew them.

Had leak issues with Pampers Cruisers.  Hated Seventh Generation and the Walmart brand. 

We're using Huggies now.

• Options
    for the newborn stage, a few of my friends highly, highly recommended Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive. fewer irritants and they're the kind that change color when wet.
    The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

pampers or luvs!

little man is just growing out of size 2's (we have moved to 3's) and he wore a lot of swaddlers.  luvs are great and cheaper than pampers.  huggies gave him a rash so we can't use them, but i was not a fan of how bulky they were.

• Options

If you decide to try cloth at all, we love our Kissaluvs with Thirsties covers. They've been great for the newborn stage and we have not had a single leak or blowout with these - however I have had leaks when I've used disposables! I've also heard great things about BumGenius. Cloth is definitely bulkier than disposable but honestly, it hasn't been nearly as much work as I anticipated.

We have a box of Costco diapers that someone gave me as a shower gift - I've used them when we've been out and about and I don't love them (some leaking), but they're okay. They put Pampers Swaddlers on him in the hospital and those fit really well.

Good luck! You can get free samples from a lot of places, including Costco.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We only use Pampers Swaddlers. DD has a sensitive tush. We like them so much that we got a number of packages of random diapers from showers and we returned some and gave away the rest.?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I started off with Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive.  When he outgrew those we went with the Pampers Swaddlers.  Then when he outgrew those we went with Pampers Baby Dry for daytime use.  At night now we use the Huggies overnights.  We have very minimal leakage with what we've used/are using.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    love swaddlers for newborns.  love costco brand for 8lbs+.  hated huggies.
  • Options

imageeeclem:
    for the newborn stage, a few of my friends highly, highly recommended Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive. fewer irritants and they're the kind that change color when wet.

If you're worried about irritants on baby's skin you really shouldn't be using disposables at all.  The brand of disposables that ACTUALLY has the least irritants and toxic materials in them is Nature Babycare.  You can get these at BRU.  Don't be fooled by cool marketing ploys, disposables are filled with chemicals that can irritate a baby's sensitive skin.  If you're really hoping to be rash free, go with cloth!  We haven't had a single rash or irritation on Allison's skin since going to full time cloth diapering. 

• Options
    imageAnnaBananaBelle:

imageeeclem:

If you're worried about irritants on baby's skin you really shouldn't be using disposables at all.  The brand of disposables that ACTUALLY has the least irritants and toxic materials in them is Nature Babycare.  You can get these at BRU.  Don't be fooled by cool marketing ploys, disposables are filled with chemicals that can irritate a baby's sensitive skin.  If you're really hoping to be rash free, go with cloth!  We haven't had a single rash or irritation on Allison's skin since going to full time cloth diapering. 

i'm actually not that worried about irritants (neither dh nor I have sensitive skin), to be honest i'm more intrigued by the color changing thing and trust my friends' good reviews. we actually do plan on CDing once babyclem grows out of the newborn stage, but are trying to set up the first few weeks to be as easy as possible.

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    You may want to try Modern Diaper Service if you're interested in cd'ing anyway - there's no difference between using them and sposies in that you put it on, take it off and throw it in the pail, then leave the pail out once a week.  This is what we did - we just transitioned away from the Service in the past month as things got under control.
  • Options
    We used Pampers until she grew out of them.  Then we switched to Sam's Club brand and have used them ever since.  BTW, we got the Pampers at Sam's for a better price.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"