Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

RP: BF Supply tanked after 1st AF... HELP!

When my AF was here last week. Starting last Sunday, when it ended, my supply tanked. I have not been able to get more than 3 oz pumped per day on top of my regular breastfeeding of my baby.

Here is what I have done to increase:

3 Fenugreek tabs 3x daily

Tons of water

Mothers Milk tea

1 very "hoppy" beer daily

Power pumping 1x daily

Sadly, my daughter is suffering the effects of this as she is never full and is waking up every 2 hours at night.  Typically, she sleeps 6-8 hours at a stretch.

Thanks again!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: RP: BF Supply tanked after 1st AF... HELP!

• Options

Wow - that stinks. The only other thing I can think of is skin to skin contact. Hold her naked against your naked chest (she can still wear her diaper). It should help production.

Good luck!?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Sorry my grammar stinks so badly. Guess that beer took effect a little more quickly than I anticipated. For those who didn't catch what I was saying:

AF ended on Sunday and that is when my supply tanked. Coincidentally, my last pump prior was my largest and that was 11oz in a single setting. Typically, I can pump between 10-12 oz per day on top of regular feeds and DD was sleeping 6-8 hours at night in a stretch.

To the poster who recommended the skin to skin, thanks! I will try it tomorrow am!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    try a shower or hot compress before pumping or nursing to encourage let down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"