Breastfeeding
Options

Pumping moms

How often did you start pumping in order to build a supply? I will be going back to work in Feb and I want to start getting ready. Also, when you pump each day, does it end up being enough for DC for one days worth of milk? I am so afraid of not having enough milk to keep BFing.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Pumping moms

• Options
    I just went back to work on Monday.  The last two days, I pumped one more bottle than DD take.  Pumping at work is a lot of work for me.  Hope the routine gets easier.
  • Options

It was a bit different for me because I needed to have enough supply for a friend's bachelorette party and her wedding and then for the first day at daycare.  I pumped once in the morning and then tried to squeeze another session in when I could.  You would be absolutely fine pumping just once a day or once every other day until February.

Once I was back at work I easily pumped 2-3 days worth of milk in one day.  I pumped twice at work (morning and afternoon) and nursed DD on my lunch hour.  In those 2 pumping sessions, I sometimes came home with 20+ oz of milk in the beginning.  I didn't have problems with pumping enough for the day until DD was 6-7 months old.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tell all going back to work moms- to get used to your pump. see how your body reacts to it. experiment with pumping different times of the day. most moms do not need a huge stash because they can pump enough of milk for the next day to take to daycare. but always having a day or two in reserves never hurts. GL
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"