Minnesota Babies

Oakdale Obstetrics & Gynecology PA

Any one been to/delivered with Oakdale Obstetrics & Gynecology PA? They are associated with North Memorial. Any reviews?
~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time

Re: Oakdale Obstetrics & Gynecology PA

• That's who I went through when I had my 2 year old. I'm currently trying for baby#2 again and once I get pregnant again I will definately go through them.

My favorite doctors are Dr. Lisa Shakerin and Dr. Leafblad. Very very good doctors.
    In my opinion STAY AWAY from Dr. Christine Sarkinen!! If you need more details just ask, I'm just a llittle pressed for time at the moment.

Yes they deliver at North Memorial. I live in the northern suburbs and live very close to both Unity and Mercy hospitals but chose to go with North Memorial. They have 2 anesthesiologists on duty so if you chose an epidural, or need one, one of them are available in 5 minutes. (some hospitals sometimes you will have to wait hours for one!) You have your own room and very good nurses. They have the nursery well protected and good programs if you chose to use them, about how to care for your baby. North Memorial also ranked very high for delivering babies, they also have an attached NICU unit (if you need one) so you don't have to get discharged to be with your baby. They have some of the best doctors there.

I'm definatelly going with Oakdale OBGYN and North Memorial with my next child.

If you have any other specific questions feel free to ask!

• Thank you so much for the information. I don't have friends or family in the area to ask for recs so its good to hear about them from someone with experience. I have my first appointment on Dec 8th. If you remember can you tell me if they will do an ultrasound at this point, I forgot to ask when I called. I will be 7w2d. I would love to her about your experiences with those doctors. My e-mail is kimberlee_meghan at yahoo dot com.

Thanks again!

~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been a patient with them for the last 10 years and they are wonderful.  I delivered with them and also delivered at North Memorial.  I only had trouble with Dr. Hallstrom - she just wasn't the friendliest dr.  Maybe I just caught her on a bad day.  I had complications during my delivery because of high blood pressure and they were excellent the whole way through! 

Hope that helps!

• I went through them for my first child who is 2 now.  My normal dr. I saw was Dr. Shannon Harris but she wasn't on call when I went into labor. Dr. Leafblad delivered my daughter. He was very nice! I am not used to a male dr and wasn't too happy when I heard a male dr. was on call. but hey- what can you do? :)  They do deliver at North which is a very nice hospital!
  • I have been going to Oakdale since 2004.  I delivered my first with them at North Memorial in 2006.  I am about to deliver my 2nd this month with a repeat c-section. 

They normally do not give u/s until 20 weeks unless there is something they need to check into. 

I like Dr. Sarkinen, Dr. Wilcox, and Dr. BJ Harris for office visits.  My first experience with labor/delivery was mainly with Dr. Shakerin for labor and ended with Dr. Hallstrom performing a c-section.  I had not met either of them before.

My advice is to see as many practitioners as possible during your pre-natal appointments and get a glimpse of each of them.

Bellastella227
    My prince and princess...
    <a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/bellastella227/?action=view
  • I use Dr. Toppin of Adfreis and Toppin Women Speciality. I LOVE them. They are right in Woodwinds hospital and are great!  Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"