Baby Names
Options

Middle name for Skylynn

My husband and I cannot think of a middle name to go with Skylynn if we have a little girl... I was wanting to name her after my grandmother but her name was Madeline... I think that is too much "Lynn" for 1 name Smile

Thoughts? Suggestions??

Re: Middle name for Skylynn

• Options
    What if you did Madeline Skye?
  • Options

imageBelle3184:

love this suggestion... run far, far away from Skylynn. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Or just Skye as a first name? Skye Madeline.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ^^  agree with all of this.  skylynn is....  umm....  let's just say i agree with everything stated above :)
  • Options
    imageBelle3184:
    I love this suggestion.........Skylynn is so 2 year old.....I can't even imagine it aging well to age 5.  Please don't do that to your daughter.
  • Options
    Skye Madeline is nice.

image  image

• Options
    imageBelle3184:

I was going to make the same suggestion.
  • Options

imageJoy2611:
    Madeline Skye is a great name - I totally love it.  You can still call her Skye.

Agreed, it flows really nicely too 

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    How about Sky Lynn. Much better.
  • Options
    I second that it looks like Skillin.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I people say this name too quickly, it's going to sound like "skin."  I dislike a lot.  I agree with other pp's.  Madeline Skye or Skye Madeline ....

Skylynn is terrible.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    LC122LC122 member
    I pretty much agree with what everyone else said.
    I also think it could get misheard as "Stylin'"
    That being said, I know a Skylar Jade, so I suppose Skylynn Jade would work just as well. Although the former is not my favorite name anyway.
  • Options
    imageSuperMom17:

imageBelle3184:

love this suggestion... run far, far away from Skylynn. 

Yep. 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options

We never thought about just Skye... I love Skye Madeline though!

Thank you for the suggestion!

• Options

My first thought was Skylynn Rose. I think it makes a really pretty combination. But I actually like Skylynn Madeline. I don't think it's too much 'lynn'. I could see if it was Skylynn Madelyn but I think the 'line' in Madeline is far enough from the 'lynn' in Skylynn that it still works and flows.

Edit: I also happen to like Skylynn and think it's quite ridiculous people are saying it could be misheard as 'stylin' and what not. Anything can be misheard. Even if I didn't like Skylynn, that's not what you asked.

• Options
    imageSoonToBeRCarlin:

My first thought was Skylynn Rose. I think it makes a really pretty combination. But I actually like Skylynn Madeline. I don't think it's too much 'lynn'. I could see if it was Skylynn Madelyn but I think the 'line' in Madeline is far enough from the 'lynn' in Skylynn that it still works and flows.

Edit: I also happen to like Skylynn and think it's quite ridiculous people are saying it could be misheard as 'stylin' and what not. Anything can be misheard. Even if I didn't like Skylynn, that's not what you asked.

By my count you are the only person in this thread that likes the name. Those may be odds OP might find interesting. 

• Options
    Sky Lynn or Sky Madeline, but never Skylynn.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagequeenbone:
    Sky Lynn or Sky Madeline, but never Skylynn.

Madeline Skye is beautiful.

image     image  image
       Maverick James 01.07.2012                  * Married 01.23.2010 *                     Harper Skye 01.24.2013

• Options
    ==N====N== member
    I would go with Sky Lynn.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am loving Madeline Skye.
    ✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • Options
    What about Skyler Madeline? I like Skye Madeline, Madeline Skye or Skye Lynn....but not a big fan of Skylnn either. It felt awkward just typing it.
  • Options

skyline Is also the first thing I thought of when I read the name

skylynn is just way too much smoosh

• Options

imageSoonToBeRCarlin:

By my count you are the only person in this thread that likes the name. Those may be odds OP might find interesting. 

She not the only one.......I like Skylynn to but we will always be in the minority with this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"