Pregnant after 35
Options

Another interesting day for Baby Girl!

Only her second trip to a hospital so far this PG. ;-) I mentioned the lack of movement to my OB at my regular appointment today, so he put me on the NST machine for 10-15 min. She gave me one good kick, and her heartbeat was fine, but she wasn't doing much more than that, even with apple juice. He said the results weren't bad, but not where he felt completely comfortable with, so he sent me over to the hospital to get a "biophysical profile for a non-reactive Non Stress Test". He wanted to be paged with any result other than an 8 out of 8. That meant she needed three movements within 30 minutes.

They found the heartbeat right away and her fetal breathing was good. She was fine for amniotic fluid, and she did make her three movements, so she scored her 8 out of 8. I only felt one of the three movements, because some of them were as simple as moving her hand by her face. She's moved a few more times this afternoon, and just a bit ago she decided to stretch her leg and push her foot out so that I could feel a hard lump on my side.

Unfortunately we didn't get a good shot of her face, so we're still not sure how cute she's gonna be, but we're hopeful! haha! I was told to check kick counts of 4 an hour once or twice a day and call with any results less than that. Otherwise, everything's going well and she's showing no signs of wanting to come out any time soon!

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

Re: Another interesting day for Baby Girl!

• Options
    Sorry you had to go through all of that, but the good news is excellent!  Hope the rest of your time goes smoothly.
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Options
    Wow you sure are close to due date huh?. AT least you got some peace of mind today. I'm sure she's gonna be cute-you're a cute momma & you got a great looking belly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hang in there. I had the?biophysical profile for a non-reactive Non Stress Test at ?weeks 37 38 and 39. ?The end result was fine.?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"