Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Taking a newborn outside

What are you doing with your newborns and the heat of the summer!? Going out during cooler times of day? Keeping them in the shade and covered during mid day? Or never leaving the house? I'm going stir crazy inside with my newborn and so is my 2 yr old ...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Taking a newborn outside

• Options
    I just hang out in the shade for the most part.  I also try not to go out during the hottest part of the day.  These things are what I do whether I have a newborn or not so it's no big change for me ;-)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    My pedi said its fine for them to be outside, in the shade, as long as the temp is below 95. At 95 degrees, they must come inside.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been going out in the mornings and evenings and staying in the shade. My 2 and 5 year olds still need to get outside so we just go when it's more comfortable. I've been lucky enough that neighbors and friends have taken my girls to the local pool during the hot part of the day while I get to stay home with my little guy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I take her out at cooler times of the day, mainly for an early morning walk with the dog. That said, I'm lucky to live in the Northeast...it's not dangerously hot here like it is elsewhere this week!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We go for stroller walks in the evening. It's just too not during the day.
  • Options
    We do morning and evening walks to get fresh air. I've also been taking him out to lunch and sitting outside in the shade. I need to be out or else I'd go crazy. We also have friends with older kiddos and we'll go to one persons house and the bigger ones will run through the sprinklers while myself and another mommy with a newborn sit under an umbrella
  • Options
    We go out early in the morning or late afternoon to take walks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"