Nurseries and Baby Gear

dual firmness mattress

I'm looking at the Colgate I and Colgate III mattresses...

The Colgate III mattress says it is dual sided. Does that mean it is for infant and toddlers?

The Colgate I doesn't say dual sided.. But I see in the comments that people say it's still holding up nicely after 2 or 3 years. Can you use it for toddlers as well if not dual sided?

TIA!

ETA: Is there any sense of what is better to maintain a firm level mattress - coils or foam??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: dual firmness mattress

• The dual sided mattresses have a firm side for infants (<12 m) and a softer side for toddlers, just purely for comfort level. You can get continue using the firm side into toddlerhood as well.  

I would guess a coil mattress would hold up better than foam long term, but given the fact that you are only using it for a few years, it might not be relevant with a high quality foam mattress.  Coil mattresses tend to be heavier and bulkier, so changing sheets is more challenging.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We selected a Sopora Dual Sided mattress, it was $170 and is medical grade.  It's all foam so super light, in the event of mid-night sheet changing.  Made in USA, all women owned company - I couldn't be happier with our purchase.  When you move a toddler bed, you can flip the mattress to the soft side.  To PP's comment, you only use it for a few years - I'd love to make one of those reading nooks and use the mattress for it down the line.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"