Parenting
Options

what bedtime for an almost 7 y/o?

DS has been going to bed at 8 forever.  During school he went to bed at 8 and got up around 6:30(didn't have to wake him up).  We started weaning a medication that has a sedation side effect.  Lately he's wanting to stay up to 9:30 or 10 reading in his room.  He's been getting up around 7:30  doing this and is good to go the rest of the day.  I love that he's reading, but want to make sure he's getting enough sleep.

Re: what bedtime for an almost 7 y/o?

• Options
    He's getting plenty. Like you said, he's acting fine so you would know if it wasn't enough. Plus it's summer, at that age I was no stickler for bed times then.
  • Options
    Bedtime is at 8 but he stays up reading and what not until at least 9. Little sister wakes him up around 7-7:30am. If you think he's getting enough it's fine, it's so hard in the summer and here a lot of other kids are still up playing outside where he can see and hear them. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine go to bed at 8pm during the school year and I am pretty strict about it.  During the summer, they have been going to bed later.  All 3 of mine are still up.   My oldest is almost 8.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Every child is different so if it works and he is getting a full nights sleep, go for it.  My kids have always been early to bed, early to rise.  For either school or most of the summer programs, we wake up at around 6:15 and bedtime is at around 7/7:30 during the week and on the weekends, anytime between 7 and 8 although some nights are a bit later depending on what we are doing.  My girls are 7 and 5.  Neither nap but my 5 year old still has a quiet time at her summer program (she has fallen asleep once during this time since the program started on June 11th).
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"