January 2013 Moms
Options

ftm noob question

I feel stupid for even asking this but as a FTM I thought I'd give it a shot. LO has been sleeping really well for awhile now but the last two nights has been super fussy for 2 hrs. from about 1-3 AM . Normal bedtime 7:00 and up at 6:00 with feedings between 10-11 & 3-4.

Also, the last couple days I can only get him take about 1-2 oz. when he will actually take a bottle at all, he mostly wants to nurse right now but he usally eats around 4-6 oz. with formula (he gets both formula & BM since I don't produce enough). I asked his sitter this morning if he has been eating normally and she said yes, he eats just fine as usual.

So why, is he overly fussing & won't eat for me hardly? Is he teething? Ear infection, should I take him in? He acts pretty happy while being held but doesn't want to do anything but that right now and I've taken his temp. and it's normal.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I really don't know whether I should take him in, just in case it is an ear infection - he doesn't have his 6 mo. wellness check until the 9th.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ftm noob question

• Options

There are no dumb questions, but when in doubt, make an appointment to see your doctor. Unfortunately no one on this board can diagnose your LO with an ear infection. My son had one for three days or more before I decided to make him an appointment and have it checked because I assumed he was just teething...we were lucky and it hadn't progressed too badly. He was tugging at his ear and he wasn't happy at all in any situation.

In general I'm finding a lot of random changes in my son lately. He is EASILY distracted which cuts into his bottle time...so we've started doing bottles in his nursery to cut out the distractions. Also, some nights he does wake up in the MOTN because his gums seem to be bugging him, but other nights he sleeps fine.

When in doubt, see your doctor. GL...hope all is well with your LO! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks - I think I will give the pedi. a call after I find out how DC went today.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure if you follow the wonder weeks, but your LO would be in the 5th leap, and one of the signs of that is fussiness and eating less.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"