Infertility Veterans
Options

I feel like I'm the only one who is not getting closer to DH

Lately I have felt like this IF stuff has actually been coming between DH and I.  I feel resentful and frustrated.  I feel like I'm the one who does all the research, investigating, testing, etc, and he does absolutely nothing.  I feel like his family blames me for this, as his sister has already offered to carry for us and everyone in his family is pushing for that.  Everyone has already given up on me.  I feel guilty because I'm not interested in sex, and I feel angry at him that he wants it.  I feel like a failure as a human and I am suffering and I feel alone in this suffering, and worse, I want him to feel the pain that I do.  I know that everything I'm saying pretty much makes me the worst wife on the face of the planet.  I have suggested MANY times that he move on and find a wife that can provide the life he is looking for.  And then I feel guilty for that because it's passive aggressive and manipulative. 

Everyone is always commenting on how much support they get from their husbands and how this is bringing them closer together.  I feel like my marriage is broken.  I am not drawing strength from him.  I am walking a fine line between wanting to continue treatment and wanting to walk away.  I know I would regret leaving, I do love him, but I just can't handle all of this guilt. I don't know how to deal with it anymore.  I am so jealous of you all for being what I wish I could be.  And I hate myself for being jealous. 

What a great morning to start our Canada Day long weekend.

me 33/DH 36
ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I feel like I'm the only one who is not getting closer to DH

• Options
    Oh sweetie. My heart is aching for you. While I will say overall DH and I are closer, there were many many times I felt like you do. It is normal. Our dx is azoo and so many times I felt like I was the one who was doing the research, making phone calls, etc and he did nothing. I resented him for it and it drove me crazy because he didn't know how to fix it. Everything you are feeling is normal and yes, it sucks to have to add all of this to the stress of IF. I wish I knew the magic words but I don't. I would say to you to have a talk with his family and thank them for their support but ask them to please give you some space with their suggestions. I would feel the same way you do if DH's family kept suggesting a carrier.
    Sending you super big hugs.
    TTC 1/2010 DH Dx - Azoospermia 2/2011
    Hysteroscopy 3/2011 2 Polyps removed 4/2011
    DH on Clomid / Arimidex to address hormonal issues - Sperm found July 2011!
    IVF #1 September 2011 - ER 9/8/2011- 8R, 5M - icsi - 1 made it to transfer - BFFN :-(
    IVF #2 Lucky November 2011 - ER 11/25/2011 - 15 eggs!, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with isci - 7 made it to transfer! Transferred 1 - 8 cell and 2 - 7 cell. BFP!!!!
    1st U/S - Twins! 2nd U/S - 3 heartbeats!!! - HOLY COW!!!
    Prayers for our take home babies!
    2 babies born on 3/27/12 and lost. Last baby born on 3/29/12 and lost at 20 weeks.
    My angels grew wings shortly after birth.
    Ahava Raisel, Matisyahu Nissim & Zev Chaim - Mommy and Daddy will always love you.
    IVF #3 July 2012 - ER 7/17/2012 - 10 R. 5 F. 4 made it to ET
    Transferred 2 on 7/20/2012 no snow babies :-(
    Beta on 7/31/2012 = BFMFN
    A miracle gift expected to come to us through adoption around 9/2012
    Baby girl adopted - Birth Mother changed her mind and took the baby back
    IVF #4 October 2012 - New RE. Doing PGD Testing. 8 R, 7F, 2 made it to 5 day blast for PDG testing. Both Normal (Thank you G-d!!!) 1 boy and 1 girl
    transferred one beautiful 5day blast (girl)
    Please G-d the almighty one - let this be our take home baby!
    Beta #1 158, Beta #2 318, 1 Absolutely magnificent HB at 175! Thank you G-d!!!
    Baby Girl born August 5th. Thank you G-d for our precious miracle.
    AMA. PAIF & SAIF always welcome - I need all the prayers I can get!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I am sorry you are feeling alone, I can assure you that a lot of people are feeling the same way, you were just brave enough to share. 

If is such a kick in the face along with everything else a marriage goes through. Maybe try talking to a therapist to sort out the bitterness etc.I think we just get overwhelmed from doing all the research h etc that you need an outlet. Maybe also make sure to have date night every week. I made sure we did this since we started if treatment back in Oct. All the meds, and mechanics of sexy time takes it toll on anyone, just make time for each other, and maybe not share so much of journey with family.

Here for ya sweetie! 

Married BF 6/29/2002/
    TTC Since Aug 2011/
    ME:34 all clear/DH:41 DX Severe MFI/
    IVF w/ICSI OCT 2012 Stims started 10/8/ER 10/19/12/ET 10/24/Beta#1 11/2=BFN (beta was 1.2)

IVF 2.0-Baseline 11/7/12 beta 0/All Clear
    Stim start 11/7/12//ER 11/19 11M//10F
    ET 2 embies 11/24//Beta#1 28 Beta #2 23 Beta#3 29
    stop meds Beta#4 37/C/P 5W5D EDD:8/12/13/IVF#3 in Jan

Ivf 3-frozen 3 poor 3day/fet=bfn

Ivf#4 New dr. New protocol=beta1 197 beta#2 677 beta#3 1557
     u/s 8/13 =TWINS 2 strong hb
    Due Date 4/4/14

My Chart//>

• Loading the player...
  • Options

First of all...HUGE HUGS! You marriage is not broken and not everyone gets tons of support from their husbands. I keep most of the IF stuff to myself and sometimes it's overwhelming. Do you share what you are feeling/thinking with YH? If you do, is he a "fixer" like most men? One of the best pieces of advice my husband has been given by an outside party is to not go with his gut instinct to try to fix the situation, but to validate my emotions. That I need him for support.

You are doing the brunt of the work and his job is to support you. Would you and YH be able to take the long weekend and go somewhere a few hours away for a spontaneous mini-vacation? I've always found it's a great way to reconnect, especially if you're stuck in the car for a few hours together.

Please don't be jealous, at least of me! I've thought many times it would be better for DH if he had a fertile wife, but I know that's really not true. And I highly doubt it's not true for YH. If he didn't love so much you he probably would have taken off at the first sign of trouble!

As a funny aside... DH came home later than I expected one evening and I asked where he had been. (I assumed he went and spent a ton of money at the golf store! lol) He jokingly said he met a girl and took her out. My response: Well did you at least make sure she's fertile? lol

ETA: Also, be happy that YH still wants to have sex with you! That's a big way men connect. Fake it till you make it sister!! MH and I have both been struggling with a disinterest in sex. For so long it's been about making a baby that I think it reminds us that we (yes we, we're in this together) are broken in that area. We're working on getting our mojo back, but believe me it is work!

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Options
    Girl there was one year I my DH and I almost didn't make it.  The stress level, the 5 year mark, felling like there was nothing else we could do to get a baby.  I think it is something every IF couple goes through.  DH gained like 50 pounds.  It was a really rough year.  What turned it around for us was talking.  We are MFI and he was thinking exactly what you were.  I would be better off with someone who could give me children.  I told him if that is what I wanted I would not have been around for 5 year!  We will be married 7 years on Sunday.  We have done 5 unsuccessful IUI's countless blood work, he tried clomid, we are about to start our first IVF cycle and he is the one keeping me sane.  I'm stressing over everything and he is the one telling me it will work.  It will be ok.  If this were 2  or more years ago it never would have happened.  It takes time but IF does make the relationship stronger.  Its crazy to say but I truly believe it does.  Good luck to you and keep your head up.  It will work out in the end :)
    TTC 2007
    Me-OK DH- MFI
    2010 IUI 1-3 Femara + Ovidrill BFN
    Change DR 5/12 IUI 4-5 Natural Cycle BFN
    5/13 DH diagnosed with b1/b3 microdeletion of Y chromosome
    IVF #1 July  Started Lupron 7/5 AF 7/14
    ER 8/1 7R 5M 3F W/ICSI ET 8/6 Moved to 8/7 due to no blast 
    Transferred our UNO embryo Beta #1 27 Beta #2 33 Beta #3 29 CP :(
    IVF #2 Started Lupron 2/14 
    Protocol 10U Lupron, 150 Bravelle, 150 Menopur, HGH for 4 days, Dexamethesone, 
    Supplements 6000mg CoQ10, 100mg DHEA, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, 
    ER 3/12 8R 4 able to be injected 2f with ICSI ET 3/15 2 "perfect" textbook Embryos
    2 crinone, estrace, dexamethesone, doxycycline
    BETA #1 3/26 201  BETA #2 3/28 524  BETA #3 4/5 9,876  Ultrasound April 7 Showed TWINs
    April 18 ultrasound Baby A HB 147   Baby B HB 146  Both measuring 7w1d
    WE ARE TEAM BLUE X2!
    Jonathan Daniel received his angel wings July 23, 2014 :( born 9/20/14
    Jackson Thomas was born October 31, 2014 @ 35w 5d

• Options

Thank you ladies.  I think it is the upcoming 5 year anniversary of this and our upcoming IVF that has me freaking out a little as well.

I am so thankful that you all were honest with me (eve though I don't wish this hurt on anyone), because I truly felt like something must be completely wrong with our marriage that I feel like it would be easier to walk away right now.  It sucks.  I really need to find a way to deal with the jealousy issue, it is making me a person I don't like.

We decided last night to head up to our cottage this weekend (this is our long weekend, Canada Day is Monday) so hopefully that will give us a little break together that we need. 

DP - he is a fixer!  I think the effect of that is two-fold, he is frustrated he can't fix this, I am frustrated that he tries and doesn't just validate my feelings, and then sometimes I feel annoyed that he can't fix it because he fixes everything. 

Thank you again for helping me give myself a break for some of these feelings.  It can be so intense, can't it?  I swear, not only do we deserve a baby at the end of this road, we deserve some kind of mental olympics metal!

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    hmz819hmz819 member

I could have written your post.  I feel the exact same way. 

Also, you have pm.

TTC#1 since April 2011
    IVF#1 July 2012 5R, 3 made it to blast, sET c/p
    FET#1 Aug 2012 2 blasts transferred BFN
    IVF#2 Oct 2012
    16R/6M/6F/2-8 cell grade 1 transfer
    Beta 1-237.9, Beta 2-566, Beta 3-8657
    US 6w3d shows one baby w/ HB 115
    US 7w1d no more heartbeat/ D&C 11/30/12 normal karyotype
    IVF#3 Mar 2013
    6R/4M/4F 1 compacting and 2-8 cell transfer
    ectopic pg MTX given 3 month break from TTC

IVF#4 Sept 2013--BFN
    IVF#5-7 Apr 2014, Jun 2014 and Aug 2014 banking embryos for CCS testing. Praying for normals! Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

http://i61.tinypic.com/34zll06
  • Options
    I am so sorry you feel this way. My DH is not supportive he doesn't do any research and half the time is clueless as to what's going on. The only reason we are pg is because of me and only me. I get very angry with him a lot and I think it's normal given the situation. We went to therapy but I didn't find it helpful because he didn't really understand and it just made me more irritated. I would ask his family to back off I had to do this with mine because people kept pushing a surrogate and adoption. We almost got divorced last year because of his family and he didn't stick up for me. I also think that when I went to therapy on my own it changed me and the way I dealt with things and at least I felt better. Some marriages cannot hold together after so much strife and that's ok as well.
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Options

Your are definitely not alone.  For the longest time I felt like DH and I were closer and stronger as a result of this whole process but lately as we approach five years of TTC, things are not so great.  I feel a lot like you do at this point.  Huge hugs.

EDIT: I just realized it will only be four years TTC for us in July... God help me at five years if I feel like this now!  

***SIGNATURE WARNING***

TTC #1

Me 42, DH 47

Dx = AMA/DOR, MFI

IVF/ICSI #1 = BFN

IVF/ICSI #2 = BFP; early loss

IVF/ICSI #3 (DE) = BFP; early loss

FET = BFN

IVF/ICSI #4 (DE w/ CCS) = BFP

Beta #1 @ 10dp6dt = 265; Beta #2 @ 14dp6dt = 1251. 

1st U/S @ 6w2d showed one perfect little heartbeat! 

2nd U/S @ 7w2d. HB 132 & everything measuring on track.

Our beautiful little girl arrived January 2015!

• Options
    Oh sweetie. IF is a rough road that f:s with the head of everyone involved. I know what it's like to feel guilty that you're the infertile one and to be looking for a way out if the pain ... even if that means walking right out of your marriage. Please consider seeing a therapist, either alone or with your DH. What you're feeling is normal and talking to someone can help you work through it all in your head. Hugs, and I hope you and your hubby have a good weekend together.
  • Options

Oh sweetie, my heart just sank reading your post. I so know every single thing you described. And as you have read PPs, you are certainly not alone. Marriage is full of ups and downs in general, and IF seems to drag the downs into a deep, dark place that I never even fathomed was possible. I have never in my life had such ugly, awful, feelings than those related to some of the fights and feelings around our IF issues. We have had massive blow outs, we have had nights where both of us end up crying. IF is marriage shaking, it really is. You are certainly not alone, but for me those feelings seem to wax and wane. I might feel like we're doing really well for a while, then all the sudden we dip back into that place as we hit the bumps. I think it's normal, and I think it's only through those really dark places do you find the new bond you never had before. It's a process though, I don't think it's something you magically attain.  

I wish I had something comforting to say, but above all else, you are NOT alone. I think PPs had some wonderful suggestions and time does heal - both of you. It's normal.  Have a wonderful get away....and I'll keep you in my T&Ps that you're able to weather some of these tough times and find some brighter times ahead.

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Options

I hope you're having a great get-away! DH and I have had more than our share of fights during this process. I've also thought about walking away. I'm sure he has, too. He's often told me I should find someone who can get me preggo since we are mfi, but I keep telling him that it isn't the point of having a child, period...I want a child with him. But sometimes it feels easier to walk away from it all. My sex drive has disappeared into some IF oblivion, and he will point that out periodically which will spiral us back into a fight. Get aways have helped us, especially when we have promised not to think or talk about babies at all. DH is also a fixer and I have repeatedly asked him not to try to fix things when I vent....just to hear me out and let me feel whatever I feel. He's gotten better at that, and it's been an improvement. I hope you realize you really aren't alone. Just hang in there and talk. Talk about how you feel. Let him do the same. You'll get through this! 

Married 2007
    3 Clomid IUIs -- BFNs
    IVF #1 never made it to transfer
    On "egg health" cocktail DHEA/CoQ10/FRC/Pregnitude/Melatonin
    Starting IVF #2 for Feb 2013
    Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix
    Cancelled mid-cycle due to high P4 levels early on.
    OCPs again for IVF 2.5 mid-March. IVF 2.5 transferred two "gorgeous" 5-day blasts and BFFN. Even REI is baffled
    On indefinite hold until a huge stroke of serendipity led me to IVF 3 May 2014
    Testing found positive cardiolipins/APS, now on lovenox and intralipid infusions
    Transfer of 2 5-day blasts and (FINALLY) BFFP!! 1st ultrasound shows two sacs and two HB, but one is sluggish, almost expecting vanishing twin Subsequent ultrasound confirmed vanishing twin, but my other Little critter looks fantastic!
    "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."
    -- Margaret Thatcher

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"