Multiples
Options

Reflux

If both of you babies had reflux what did you do and how do you handle it?

Went to the pedi monday and we talked reflux. We have a follow up on Friday. But I would like some MoM advice too.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Reflux

• Options
    Our son was on zantac as well from 1 month to about 6 or 7 months. He slept on and incline or in his bouncy chair the entire time, you could literally hear it bubble up an  he would choke and gag if laid flat. I was able to continue BF. Brace your self for a lot of spit up and clothing changes, month you and the LO! Good luck, it doesn't go on forever, but it's not fun.
  • Options
    Both of my twins are on Prevacid for reflux. They sleep in Rock n Plays which are at an incline. We tried to elevate one end of the cribs but they would still spit up in the middle of the night and ruin sheets.

We formula feed and both are on Enfamil AR which is formulated for babies with reflux and spit up. You might want to ask your pedi about it.

During feeding, I keep them as upright as possible. Change diaper before feeding so you don't lay them flat with a full tummy. Hold upright for ten minutes after feeding before burping.
    We also have a LOT of cloth diapers around which we use for burp cloths. We do a lot of laundry! Reflux sucks and I hope they will grow out of it.

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Both kids are on Zantac and dd sleeps with a wedge under her mattress. We also try not to lay them down flat after eating as they seem to be in pain.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"