June 2012 Moms
Options

Switching to Milk

Has anyone else not even started yet? I haven't even given it a thought yet and I feel a bit late on that step when looking at some recent posts. We have DDs 1 year appt tomorrow and I hope the Dr is fine with her not having tried it yet.

Also, is anyone not switching to cow's milk but a milk alternative like soy or almond milk? I am not sure if there was any posts about this recently I haven't gone through many of them yet! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Switching to Milk

• Options
    We tried a few times. DD will only take a sip.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

DS had his 1 year appointment the day after his birthday, so that is when we started to transition. We had so much RTF formula that we are using that up while we transition. DS should be on WCM by next week.

I am lactose intolerant, but since DS doesn't seem to have a problem we are sticking with cow's milk. I have heard that goats milk is closer to breast milk if you are looking for that kind of transition, but due to potential nut and soy allergies as well as issues with having too much soy in one's diet we are not going that route and depending on your doctor and your LO you pedi may not recommend that either.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son is lactose intolerant and so I give him lactaid, and what I do is 1/2 formula and 1/2 lactaid for now. So fr so good!! Good luck
  • Options
    BRBR member
    I didn't switch her to cow's milk until after her one year appointment.  For some reason, I just wanted to talk to the doctor first and asked some questions before I just switched her.  I don't think exactly one year is a magical number and wasn't worried that I was a few days late.  Thankfully she did fine with the switch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Still only bm here
  • Options
    imagealizabethanne:
    Has anyone else not even started yet? I haven't even given it a thought yet and I feel a bit late on that step when looking at some recent posts. We have DDs 1 year appt tomorrow and I hope the Dr is fine with her not having tried it yet.Also, is anyone not switching to cow's milk but a milk alternative like soy or almond milk? I am not sure if there was any posts about this recently I haven't gone through many of them yet!nbsp;

Still ebf over here and will contine until DS weans himself. when that does happen I am unsure if he will be going to cows milk or almond milk. DH drink cows milk....YUCK....and I drink Almond milk....YUMMY....I really want DS on almond milk when the time comes but my DH insists cows milk is better. lol Ya...it's going to be a battle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"