Health & Exercise
Options

Losing the baby weight..

Hi ladies...I usually post over on the Parenting board as well as January 2013 moms and the 3 to 6 months board. I'm looking for some tips, suggestions, and maybe some encouragement so I figured this might be the best place to get it.

I had my son January and gained about 45 lbs during my pregnancy. I'm not huge, but was overweight to begin with, so I'd say I was definitely more indulgent than I should have been while pregnant. I lost the first 20lbs almost immediately, but the last 25lbs plus some that I'd like to lose seems to just be hanging on.

I'm sort of at a loss right now. My diet is healthier now than it ever was and I work out about 3 to 4 times a week. I want to ramp up my activity level but am currently in PT for sacroilitis and lots of SI joint dysfunction.

Any tips to jumpstart things? Before having my son, it was fairly easy for me to lose weight when I focused on healthy eating and exercise. Now though..it just seems like my metabolism blows. I'm sure you probably see a thousand other posts like this one, so my apologies if this seems redundant, but this weight loss rut sucks..so hearing others' experiences would be helpful! TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Losing the baby weight..

• Options
    I am also struggling to lose weight pp, and wanted to offer you encouragement.  I recently joined weight watchers, first online, and now the meetings.  I find having that accountablity is really helpful to me.  I have also been checking in here and getting my friends and family to support me.  Good luck!
    "When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew." -Shakespere
  • Options
    imagesoexcited317:
    I am also struggling to lose weight pp, and wanted to offer you encouragement. nbsp;I recently joined weight watchers, first online, and now the meetings. nbsp;I find having that accountablity is really helpful to me. nbsp;I have also been checking in here and getting my friends and family to support me. nbsp;Good luck!

Thank you and best of luck to you as well! Its good to know we're not alone in it! I lost a bunch of weight with WW in the past. I may try it again, but I'm really trying to do it without having to pay a monthly premium somewhere. I really need to start counting calories, bc I've been pretty lax with that, even though I am eating mostly healthy foods.

Its all worth it in the long run, bc I have a beautiful son from all of this. Its just frustrating trying to get back to my normal self again!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a baby in February and like you am eating better than ever yet the pounds are not budging. I have also lost weight on ww in the past and didn't want to pay this time. I am counting calories on myfitnesspal app. It calculates your recommended calories to get to whatever goal weight u put in. I like that it has so many stored homemade foods. It has really helped me stay accountable. I am also drinking lots more water and only water. I have lost 4.5 pounds in two weeks. Good luck and you are not alone!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second the myfitnesspal app. I had a baby 7 weeks ago and have already lost 40 pounds. 30 were in the first week (you know, baby..placenta...fluid) and the other 10 have been bc of MFP. I noticed the calories it set for me (as a nursing mom) were too low at 1200. I actually eat 2200 calories a day and lose 2 pounds a week while BFing. GL! You can do this!
  • Options
    Google 3fatchick ideal protein alternative. If you're serious about losing weight it will help. It was nice to be able to do the program not pay the large fees. I lost 36 lbs kept it off until I got pregnant again. My husband has lost 35 has kept it off as well. On the website it tells you where to order the food cheaper you can get the eas carb control shakes at Walmart, target or SAMs. Good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mgm84mgm84 member

Are you breastfeeding?  And what do you mean by eating healthy?  I gained 27 lbs while pregnant, lost the first 18 in the first 11 days and then another 7 lbs over the past 6 weeks (I am 8 weeks pp).  I find that working out an hour a day (less than before I was pregnant, and during my pregnancy) plus eating a diverse diet of plants (yup, I am 100% vegan) has worked so far.  I hope to lose the last couple of pounds soon, and what I have loved is that I still eat cookies and drink wine (one glass a day, not while bfing).  Not trying to sound like I am bragging, but this has worked for me.  I feel great and love eating - not deprived at all! 

Good luck to you!

Lilypie - (eoyh)

• Options
    Losing the baby weight is not easy for everyone for sure. I personally had a lot of success doing a program called turbo fire. Don't know if you've heard about it but I started it 6 weeks pp at the low impact setting, which I think would be great for someone with back issues. There are no heavy weights or jumping in the low impact style. I lost all my weight with that about 15 lbs I had left over and loved it so much I went on to do insanity and p90x. I'm now in better shape than before pregnancy and never feel deprived. I started taking a clean eating approach which really started because I was nursing and wanted baby to be as healthy as possible it just ended up being a win win for me :

One thing that really helped me a lot was having a great support system and I now run my own support groups on Facebook. If you're interested in joining shoot me an email littlemissfitbgmail.com

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"