Natural Birth

Possibly GREAT News!

So while I'm dealing with the whole stupid rib thing and suddenly wondering if the pain of that combined with the pain of labor is going to be too much, I get a sign that I CAN do this.... I am working this week with a woman I worked for MANY years ago who just informed me last night that she's a DONA trained Doula!  She had done a few births a while back but stopped when she had her own children and is now looking to get into it again.  She said she'd love to help out at my birth if I was interested and that she didn't want to do it for the money (the reason we don't have a doula now), just to be helpful to a laboring mother.  I'm pretty sure we're taking her up on it so that means I have a doula!  And it's someone I already know and really like who actually played a HUGE role in my childhood (even though she may not realize it).  So yay for some good news... for once!

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

Re: Possibly GREAT News!

• That is wonderful!
    I am in the same boat of not being able to afford one because we have so many other expenses before baby comes.
    Yay for great news!!!!!

• So glad it worked out!  It's great when these things come together!  yeah!
  • Loading the player...
  • That is awesome!  I am so glad she is going to help support you in labor!  It is nice to have someone you are comfortable with there and with experience.  I am so glad you got some positive news.
  • That's great news!
  • Yay!  I really want to get a doula too, but the $ is holding us back.  Our hospital offers free volunteer doulas if there is one available when we check in, so I am holding out hope for that! 
  • Ahhh I never even knew what doula is till yesterday and only a week ago we got a brand new car on finance costing us 175 a week besides mortgage etc! So now unfortunatly I want one but I don't think I can afford one! Sooo happy for you though,obviously you needed a good day and I'm glad you got your'se! "Smile "
  • imageNfmum:
    Ahhh I never even knew what doula is till yesterday and only a week ago we got a brand new car on finance costing us 175 a week besides mortgage etc! So now unfortunatly I want one but I don't think I can afford one! Sooo happy for you though,obviously you needed a good day and I'm glad you got your'se! "Smile "

Check your city!  There are lots of volunteer doula organizations out there for those who can't afford a "professional".  Most are just as wonderful!

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"