LGBT Parenting
Options

Acupuncture Tips? (Updated!)

Hey all. This is sort of off topic, but sort of on topic, too. I have a herniated disc in my back and it is really cramping my plan to lose weight before ttc. I can walk, but if I walk more than 20-30 minutes, I'm in pain. 

Have any of you tried acupuncture? If so, would you recommend this? How many times did you need to go in?

"Why are you trying a chiropractor?"  I have tried. It never works. :) 

Thanks in advance!  

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
  • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
  • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
  • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
  • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
  • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
  • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
  • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
  • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

Re: Acupuncture Tips? (Updated!)

• Options
    I believe in acupuncture. I went consistently for approx 5 months for lyme disease. At the very beginning, I went two times/wk then weekly for a while then every other until it was more spaced out. My wife went before IUI weekly and it worked the first time. She is 21w5d and we feel so blessed. In a nutshell, I totally believe in eastern practices combined with plain ol' healthy livin'.

Best wishes!! Hope you feel better soon.
    =
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have much experience with acupuncture for pain; however, the 2 of the 5 IUI cycles that I received acupuncture were the two that resulted in pregnancies.  So, I'm a believer too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for letting me know! I just made an appointment with a local acupuncture clinic. I am currently in tremendous pain from this herniated disc, so I hope the acupuncture will help. The fact that DW and I will start ttc in September and this may help is an added bonus!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN

• Options

Does accupuncture hurt???  Like do you feel the needles going into your skin?  I want to try it before my IUI but I'm scared Tongue Tied I've heard a lot of great things about it and I've heard many have had success getting pregnant after doing it but... UGH!  Needles!  No! 

• Options
    imagelbugher:
    Does accupuncture hurt???nbsp; Like do you feel the needles going into your skin?nbsp; I want to try it before my IUI but I'm scarednbsp;Tongue Tied I'venbsp;heard a lot of great things about it and I've heard manynbsp;have had success getting pregnant after doing it but... UGH!nbsp; Needles!nbsp; No!nbsp;

The needles are teeny tiny much smaller than the needles you will be poked with when you start TTC. : Doesn't hurt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I went to an acupuncture clinic and most of the time I couldn't feel anything. Occasionally, I felt a teeny pinch but nothing like a flu shot for example. Best wishes!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I had my first visit today and I must say that I am incredibly impressed. I went in with a pain number of 8-9 and left with a 5. She not only worked on my back pain, but also addressed the fact that we are going to be TTC. I received needles in my hand (which did not hurt!!) and eventually all over, and then she did cupping and herbs. The needles themselves did not hurt at all. The only discomfort that I felt was when she had the needles in my arm and asked me to walk around. As I walked, the pain transferred from my back to my arm. It was the strangest sensation!

I was so relieved to be taken so seriously, though. Every concern I had. 

To anyone considering this, I HIGHLY recommend. She wants to see me once per week, first to get the pain in my back to go away and after that, to focus solely on my wanting to get pregnant.

She recommended I cut out as much sugar as possible, and (I am vegetarian) she actually suggested I eat organic, lean meat 2 times per week. The rest of her diet plan is easy for me because I already follow it.

Again, I STRONGLY recommend acupuncture to anyone who is considering it. Make sure they are licensed and educated, as well experienced. The lady I saw today was phenomenal. 

• Options
    Wow that's wonderful. I'm so glad that you had a good experience. I felt the same way after my first visit. Hope it continues to help!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"