TTC after 35
Options

I am in shock!

I am 36 and been TTC for a few months. I bought the CBFM last month and BD everyday from CD10-CD20! I am now not due for my period till Thursday but just got my BFP this morning!!!! Should I be worried it is a chemical pregnancy? I got a positive on the 1st response test and a "pregnant" on a clear blue digital.  

Re: I am in shock!

• Options

How exciting and congrats!  Why would you be thinking it is a chemical pregnancy?  I don't mean to sound dense but I am not too familiar with them...I would definitely get an appt., with your OB.  Fx'ed that all is ok and healthy for you. 

Wow, it is good to know that those machines work so, quickly.....Woohoo!

Best wishes to you.  :)

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Options
    It is just so early to get a BFP. I am excited but scared that something will go wrong. I had a miscarriage years ago at 10w5d. My DH is in the military and we are moving from Alaska to Texas in 2 weeks! It is going to be a long and rough 1st trimester on a 20 day road trip! I will make my appointment at OB on Monday to get some blood work. What else should I ask for?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah, it is pretty shocking that you got a positive result this soon, but it is possible, right?  It happened.  ;)  I understand your apprehension, I have had two miscarriages, so I do understand what you are saying....so, it is best that you go see your doctor for a blood test and check up.  I would let them know that you are moving and tell them what your physical demands will be with this move, if any, so they can understand and tell you what is acceptable and what is not while pregnant.  Sounds like this trip will be quite daunting, for sure.  What parts of Texas will you be moving to?  I know it is a big state, but, if it is San Antonio....I have a great OB/GYN that I can recommend for you.  You need to ensure that you take care of yourself and I am sure that your doctor will give you the right direction in relation to your personal health.  For now, cut out caffeine, alcohol, smoking, not sure what else to mention, but drink lots of water and relax! 

Best wishes and keep us posted on how your doctor appt., goes.... 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    Congratulations and good luck!  (with the pregnancy & the big move!).
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    Congratulations!!  That is so exciting!!
  • Options
    ksgsmuksgsmu member
    congrats- that isn't too early for a postive test and means nothing regarding a chemical pregnancy.  Call your doctor and ee what they want to do... they may want to run a beta test or they may tell you to make an appointment in a few weeks with an obgyn in texas....
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    CONGRATS!! I agree that it's definitely NOT too early for a BFP!  I usually always got mine at 12dpo, which would have been 2 days before my period was due.  A H&H 9 mos to you!
    SAHM to 2 boys (3 & 16 yrs) & 2 girls (5 & 8 yrs)

Our Angel Boy- m/c in 2007 @ 9wks due to Trisomy 17
  • Options
    on42on42 member
    Congratulations!

Sarah, 38 | Nathan, 40 | Maxine b. 11/2014 | TTC #2

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"