December 2012 Moms
Options

Rolling over while sleeping

So, I think we are a little behind some of your LO's on this one.  DD has been rolling over both ways for awhile, but just started rolling over to her tummy in her sleep.  She is only half-swaddled, with her arms out, so I would just leave her, but she cries and wakes herself up.  It is like she forgets that she can roll back over.  I know I've seen posts like this before, so I am wondering if there is anything I can do about this?  Do they just work it out themselves after a few nights?  She did it three times last night, so I finally just brought her in bed with me.

Re: Rolling over while sleeping

• Options
    No answers, but I'm curious as to the replies. N has been rolling back to belly like crazy and has started "creeping"....like every time I lay him down on his back he flips over and starts scooching forward. Of course, he does this in his crib now....I've been awakened several times the last couple nights to him screaming b/c he's gotten himself stuck in the corner of the crib and can't move out. He is unswaddled (obv), but I have been rescuing him (mostly so he doesn't wake up L). I'm thinking (and hoping) it's something that will resolve itself soon.....
  • Options
    When mine first started rolling in her sleep, she would always scare herself awake. After about a week or so, it started to get better. But I did stop the swaddling so she could move freely. Now she starts out on her back, and ends up with her butt sticking in the air, at the other end of her crib. It's actually made her a deeper sleeper, so it's nice!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagerjeller32:
    When mine first started rolling in her sleep, she would always scare herself awake. After about a week or so, it started to get better. But I did stop the swaddling so she could move freely. Now she starts out on her back, and ends up with her butt sticking in the air, at the other end of her crib. It's actually made her a deeper sleeper, so it's nice!

This is us too. It took maybe about a week, but she seems happier as a tummy sleeper.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    jac409jac409 member

Ok, I kind of figured it might be something she just has to sort out on her own.  I hate to lose the swaddle, because when we put it on, she knows it is bedtime.  We use the sleep sack with the Velcro swaddle.  Maybe we'll try going without it tonight.   

• Options
    DS has been doing this for almost 2 weeks now!  He just can't figure out to get himself back over. His b-day is 12/22 so he's always a week or so behind the average on the board so I'm not worried, but it has made for an exhausted mama!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jac409jac409 member
    I knew it would be hard to lose the swaddle, but jeez!  Getting her down last night took hours, and it usually only takes about ten minutes!  Once she was out, she slept until just now (6:30).  I would think she was pretty out, but then she would do the rolling over thing.  When we go through little phases like this, I just keep telling myself, this too shall pass.
  • Options
    My son did that when I stopped swaddling. He rolled while swaddled, so I started putting him to bed un swaddled, and he'd just roll over immediately and start to cry. I did lots of tummy time so he could practice rolling back, and I let him fuss and try and figure it out before going to him. He sorted it out fairly quickly!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"