January 2014 Moms
Options

*FFFC*

2»

Re: *FFFC*

• Options
    Most of the time I hardly notice spelling mistakes on the bump, especially if it's a typo or something who cares. But lately there have been some doozies that I do notice and wish I could correct lol, it's the former teacher in me coming out I guess!

• Options

imagejhunter89:
    I've got a really flamey one. Someone yesterday mentioned in a post that their friend recently had an elective termination for Trisomy 21 which is Down Syndrome. That earned a MAJOR side eye from me. Trisomy 21 is not a death sentence like other trisomies. I know full well that I do not know these people and their situation and that their decision was a heart wrenching one, I can't even comprehend. It just makes me sad because that child could have had a full life. Oh well, flame away.

I didn't see that post, but just hearing about it makes me sad. I have an uncle who has DS and he's the sweetest guy ever. 

OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Mine's lame.

I take advantage of DS's nap time multiple times a week. My house is a wreck and I need to do laundry but right now, that nap is so much more important.  And I agree about the snark. I like the dynamic of the board, but we could use a little snark now and then. 

January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options
    I mentioned to my husband during my first pregnancy that we could be team green if there was ever another baby. Now that we are here, I just can't do it. I feel bad about it, but I would go nuts not knowing.
  • Options
    imagejhunter89:
    I've got a really flamey one. Someone yesterday mentioned in a post that their friend recently had an elective termination for Trisomy 21 which is Down Syndrome. That earned a MAJOR side eye from me. Trisomy 21 is not a death sentence like other trisomies. I know full well that I do not know these people and their situation and that their decision was a heart wrenching one, I can't even comprehend. It just makes me sad because that child could have had a full life. Oh well, flame away.

I completely agree with you 100 percent. I literally almost cried and thought about it constantly for hours. I had a cousin with DS and she was amazing. She passed since. I'm about to cry now. Effing hormones. I thought that the parents were completely selfish. What about adoption?
    It's just my personal belief, but I can't fathom abortion at that stage. I kept thinking about how they went about it and literally had my stomach turning. I can't even think about what happened after my d and c. Ok, I'm sad again.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    E&B0811E&B0811 member
    imagepeanut+muse:

imageMrsW062610:
    I still dirty lurk constantly over on TTGP still....kinda miss the ladies there and the snark. And I've been reading the TTGP Confessional that got started like it's my job. Embarrassed

Me too. I totally can understand why the one chick who is 6 months pregnant has never come out. It's just a fun place with interesting conversation. I'm sure the conversation will pick up here once we get to know each other better, but the snark won't be the same.

I was reading those yesterday. Holy moly. Who's six months pregnant? I didn't see any mention of that!

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• Options
    imageE&B0811:
    imagepeanut+muse:

imageMrsW062610:
    I still dirty lurk constantly over on TTGP still....kinda miss the ladies there and the snark. And I've been reading the TTGP Confessional that got started like it's my job. Embarrassed

Me too. I totally can understand why the one chick who is 6 months pregnant has never come out. It's just a fun place with interesting conversation. I'm sure the conversation will pick up here once we get to know each other better, but the snark won't be the same.

I was reading those yesterday. Holy moly. Who's six months pregnant? I didn't see any mention of that!

why can't I find this fabled Confessional thread? Linky, someone? 

DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14
  • Options
    https://ttgpconfessional.tumblr.com/
    I'm on mobile. Not clicky. Sorry!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options

imagejenalena:
    I hate and I love that I have barely any symptoms reminding me that I'm PG. Besides being a little tired, and having an over active smeller... Life is boring and SLOW!

Don't speak so soon! At 5 weeks I was tired and my boobs hurt like they had both been sucker-punched, but that was all. Just two weeks later the nausea is quite noticeable, the fatigue has doubled, and I am having trouble sleeping. I can't complain, though,because I know many are much worse than myself. 

When they do kick in, the symptoms are a nice reminder throughout the day :-) 

• Options
    imageE&B0811:
    imagepeanut+muse:

imageMrsW062610:

I don't know!!!! There's so much I want to know. I am so freaking curious!!!! I really want more stuff posted cause I like reading it so much. I already love the UO and FFFC on TTGP (and here) and this is like FFFC x a million.

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Options
    DishyloDishylo member
    imagesugarland726:
    imagepeanut+muse:
    imageMrs Bookworm:

Is it really flame free?  I have a feeling my opinion is not a popular one around here.

I actually hate all the drama and snark that some other bumpies seem to like.  It's what made me turn to the FertilityFriend message boards when I was TTC - it just got too nasty on TB for me.  I am already feeling bad, stressed about this pregnancy, and paranoid... I don't need mean strangers on top of that!

Of course, I don't want it to be all "baby dust" and warm fuzzies - a dose of reality is what we all really need, but I just don't like or understand the cruelty and popular-girls-club aspect of TB sometimes.

I get why people don't like it, but as you mentioned, you can always go somewhere else where it's not so snarky. But chances are, you'll get rainbows blown up your a$$ when you need a reality check, too. Personally, I'll take brutal honesty over fluff any day.

Yeah, not every message board fits every poster. That's ok. Find one that fits for you. TB seems to work for me because there is a good amount of support, even for newbies, a ton of women who are freaking smart with fertility and babies, and a healthy dose of realism/snark/calling out the BS. I like that mix and would not care for the puppies and rainbows found on babycenter of babygaga.

Agreed!  I was checking out the TTC on Baby Centre and it was all "sticky baby dust to you my friend" and other sayings that just made me cringe!  Too friendly, too fake.  So far the Jan 2014 board seems a pretty cool mix of people and I like a dose of reality every once  in a while.  I'm not always right and I don't always know everything so if I ask a question, I'll expert answers (and not always the ones I want). 

• Options
    DishyloDishylo member

imagejhunter89:

That makes me super sad (yay hormones!) but you never know what this persons life was like or what their doctors or parents or SO's might have told them.  If it was simply because they didn't want a baby with DS then I pity them.  

• Options

imageMiaMyPuggle:
    https://ttgpconfessional.tumblr.com/ I'm on mobile. Not clicky. Sorry!

Thanks! And holy ***.  My jaw is on the floor.  And I really wanna know who the famous person is. 

DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14
  • Options
    imageBuckeyeANG:

imageMiaMyPuggle:
    https://ttgpconfessional.tumblr.com/
    I'm on mobile. Not clicky. Sorry!

Thanks! And holy ***.  My jaw is on the floor.  And I really wanna know who the famous person is. 

Lets have a poll! Who's famous and wants a baby????

• Options
    E&B0811E&B0811 member
    I'm still slightly annoyed at the person who posed the UO on Saturday about symptom posts.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• Options
    I threw on a pair of shorts this afternoon to run to the grocery store. On the way home I looked down at my legs and realized I haven't shaved below the knee in... a while. I may have noticed this earlier had I showered before going to the store.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can't wait for DH to leave tonight for all weekend so I can veg on the couch and the interwebs without his judging eye. I've DVR'd two movies he won't like (Winter's Bone and Eat, Pray, Love) and plan on watching one tonight.

• Options

imageMiaMyPuggle:
    imagejhunter89:
    I completely agree with you 100 percent. I literally almost cried and thought about it constantly for hours. I had a cousin with DS and she was amazing. She passed since. I'm about to cry now. Effing hormones. I thought that the parents were completely selfish. What about adoption? It's just my personal belief, but I can't fathom abortion at that stage. I kept thinking about how they went about it and literally had my stomach turning. I can't even think about what happened after my d and c. Ok, I'm sad again.

I used to babysit for a family whose oldest child had DS.  He was the sweetest, most wonderful kid you could ever meet.  His parents were so devoted to him, and as an adult, he was even able to move out to his own apartment, he had a full-time job, and a girlfriend.

Still, I am very much pro-choice, and I believe that many people know their limits, and if they didn't feel capable of raising a child with DS, than they made the right decision for themselves.  DS can come with a whole host of medical complications (most notably heart problems) and as sad as it is, perhaps they don't believe it's something they could swing financially.  I have no idea if I would terminate a pregnancy in the same situation, but I have so much sympathy for those people, and I truly believe you can't really make a determination unless you are in the same situation. 

Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• Options

Mine is lame, but it's all I've got.

I was supposed to go to Costco and run other errands today, but instead I am still in my PJs on the couch. I did pay the bills though! That counts for something, right?!

**********************************************************************************************************************

Diagnosed with PCOS June 2010, TTC#1 since May 2012
    Cycle#1-3 Clomid 50mg + TI= No response
    Cycle#4-5 Clomid 150mg + Metformin 1000mg + TI= BFN, but finally ovulation!!!
    Cycle #6 Clomid 150mg + Metformin 1500mg + IUI(4/15)= BFP!!! EDD 01/06/2014 <br>

Stella Margaret arrived on December 21, 2013!

imageimage image

• Options

imageE&B0811:
    I'm still slightly annoyed at the person who posed the UO on Saturday about symptom posts.

Yup, AshleyShivers. Me too. Especially since one of the symptoms ladies that posted a thread shortly before her complaint went on to have an ectopic pregnancy.  

I wouldn't be so ticked off if she had acknowledged that she was being insensitive, but she never did.

• Options
    I love DS and being a mom... But I still look forward to his 7 pm bedtime when I can chill on the couch. He's such a busy little toddler I'm exhausted!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagepeanut+muse:

imageE&B0811:

Yup, AshleyShivers. Me too. Especially since one of the symptoms ladies that posted a thread shortly before her complaint went on to have an ectopic pregnancy.  

I wouldn't be so ticked off if she had acknowledged that she was being insensitive, but she never did.

Yep.  

photo dune-1-1.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"