January 2014 Moms
Options

*FFFC*

Flame Free Friday Confession time....great way to kick off the weekend.
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: *FFFC*

• Options
    Today I am probably giving my students a test (they have 3 days of school left next week) and I most likely won't actually get to grading it but I just need a day to catch up before "fun" days next week.  Embarrassed
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    ac1259ac1259 member
    My 8 month old loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...and because I'm exhausted so much I don't mind her watching it, it gives me a few minutes to myself since she's been so clingy lately that I've been holding her constantly. The sad part- netflix only has one episode so we watch it over and over again!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not really looking forward to BFing again.  I will do it since I am lucky in that it was so easy with DS, its free and its good for baby, but I'm not one of those who feel its a great bonding experience or anything.  And I intend to pump from the beginning so that I can sleep more than 1.5 hours at a time during the newborn stage.
    DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14
  • Options
    imageBuckeyeANG:
    I am not really looking forward to BFing again. nbsp;I will do it since I am lucky in that it was so easy with DS, its free and its good for baby, but I'm not one of those who feel its a great bonding experience or anything. nbsp;And I intend to pump from the beginning so that I can sleep more than 1.5 hours at a time during the newborn stage.

Ditto!

• Options
    I still dirty lurk constantly over on TTGP still....kinda miss the ladies there and the snark. And I've been reading the TTGP Confessional that got started like it's my job. Embarrassed

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Options

I used the pregnancy card to make DH stay up with DS at 3am this morning.  I was just really tired...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ditto!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I bought some of those flavor ice pops this week to help with the nausea.  I ate 3 yesterday during L's afternoon nap.  I have problems with self control.

I'm considering another one right now...

• Options

imageac1259:
    My 8 month old loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...and because I'm exhausted so much I don't mind her watching it, it gives me a few minutes to myself since she's been so clingy lately that I've been holding her constantly. The sad part- netflix only has one episode so we watch it over and over again!

FYI - YouTube has a ton of full episodes!  I'm sure she doesn't mind watching the same one, but I know you do.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

imageBuckeyeANG:
    I am not really looking forward to BFing again.  I will do it since I am lucky in that it was so easy with DS, its free and its good for baby, but I'm not one of those who feel its a great bonding experience or anything.  And I intend to pump from the beginning so that I can sleep more than 1.5 hours at a time during the newborn stage.

I could have written this.  Minus the easy part.  DS2 was a nightmare... he latched fine, but he nursed ALL the time (expected) but b/c he had horrible reflux and projectile vomitted everywhere, I couldn't even get a 15 minute break between nursing sessions.  It was terrible.  Especially with 2 toddlers running around. By 8 weeks I had to stop when I discovered that sensitive formula worked better for him than BM (with meds.) 

I'll try again this time, but if it doesn't work again, I'm cool with FFing again.  No problem. 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    LMCB12LMCB12 member
    Last night I nursed DS way longer than usual to get out of helping to fold clothes.
  • Options
    imageWonderRed:

imageBuckeyeANG:

I entirely FF DS. Didn't even try to BF.  My pg was so miserable that by the time he was born I needed my body back for me alone.   I know all the benefits and, in my heart, want to try to BF with this one but am already struggling with the idea and already feel guilty for even considering FF again.

It's not like you'll be feeding him cocaine. If you want to FF from the start, do it and don't feel guilty. You have to do what is best for all parties, you and baby.

• Options
    imagesugarland726:
    imageWonderRed:

imageBuckeyeANG:

I entirely FF DS. Didn't even try to BF.  My pg was so miserable that by the time he was born I needed my body back for me alone.   I know all the benefits and, in my heart, want to try to BF with this one but am already struggling with the idea and already feel guilty for even considering FF again.

It's not like you'll be feeding him cocaine. If you want to FF from the start, do it and don't feel guilty. You have to do what is best for all parties, you and baby.

I agree, 100%.  I went straight to formula with my first two.  I had ZERO guilt with the first one, but I kinda wish I would have tried with the second.  So when I had my third I did BF for the first 8 weeks.  I'll try again with this one, but I have no issues with FF if it doesn't work out. 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    imagemrs.jenni:

imageBuckeyeANG:

I could have written this.  Minus the easy part.  DS2 was a nightmare... he latched fine, but he nursed ALL the time (expected) but b/c he had horrible reflux and projectile vomitted everywhere, I couldn't even get a 15 minute break between nursing sessions.  It was terrible.  Especially with 2 toddlers running around. By 8 weeks I had to stop when I discovered that sensitive formula worked better for him than BM (with meds.) 

I'll try again this time, but if it doesn't work again, I'm cool with FFing again.  No problem. 

Ugh the marathon feeding sessions.  DS nursed for 40 minutes every 1.5 to 2 hours, so I'd get maybe a 45 minute break.  I don't think that's even feasible with a 21 month old.  Hence my pumping plan. 

• Options
    imageButterbean412:
    I bought some of those flavor ice pops this week to help with the nausea. nbsp;I ate 3 yesterday during L's afternoon nap. nbsp;I have problems with self control.nbsp;I'm considering another one right now...

I love them and think they really help. Unfortunately, I have shared them with my 20 month old and he's now addicted. "pop pop pop!" So now I have to hide to eat them.

My FFFC, which I feel guilty about, I have a hard time "liking" pictures of friends' babies on FB when I don't think it's cute :/ I am now liking the ish out of pics bc I feel like a jerk!
  • Options

imageMrsW062610:
    I still dirty lurk constantly over on TTGP still....kinda miss the ladies there and the snark. And I've been reading the TTGP Confessional that got started like it's my job. Embarrassed

Me too. I totally can understand why the one chick who is 6 months pregnant has never come out. It's just a fun place with interesting conversation. I'm sure the conversation will pick up here once we get to know each other better, but the snark won't be the same.

• Options

I am SO glad I just had my 5th hour class for the LAST time!!  That class has given me so much grief this year.  There are 20 sophomore and junior boys in that class, and about half of those could give a crap about their grade so they try to goof off all the time.  I feel badly for the students who actually wanted to learn in that class because the majority of my time was used to just keep those jerks under control.

Thank GOD this is the last day of school.  I'm so ready for summer!

Married 6-7-08
    Everett 4-27-12
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Here's my confession. Every time I see mrs.jenni's siggy pics, I think her daughter in the middle is flicking the camera off. I have done a double take several times.
  • Options
    imageMrsW062610:
    I still dirty lurk constantly over on TTGP still....kinda miss the ladies there and the snark. And I've been reading the TTGP Confessional that got started like it's my job. [:]

Oi vey! Did u see that?? I don't believe 1/2 of them, tho! I miss it over there, too, sometimes!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    kschrefkschref member
    DH and I are in san Diego with his parents and brother for a fun, long weekend.  I thought BIL was going to share a room with is parents, but turns out it's with us.  Normally I wouldn't care, because I like the guy, but I am so freaking gassy with this pregnancy I'm pretty miserable and wish DH and I were in the room alone so I could just let it go and feel better, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The main reason I want another boy is bc my MIL will buy way too much crap and flood my house with clutter if its a girl bc it will be the first granddaughter on both sides. I already told her I think its another boy. I guess that comes off spiteful. Oh well.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    I hate and I love that I have barely any symptoms reminding me that I'm PG. Besides being a little tired, and having an over active smeller... Life is boring and SLOW!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageBuckeyeANG:

I feel the same way. I had a terrible experience with my boys, which I know a lot of it is attributed to trying to do two at once, but still I never experienced that "magical" feeling of BFing. I will try with this baby because I know it's important, but I really do worry about it making me a hot mess again.

• Options
    I usually take 22 month old DD with me to all my appts, doctors, ob, dentist etc.  Today at our first ob appt DH went with us and he and she were both there in the room while they were doing the ultrasound then they sent DH and DD out to the waiting room while they took my vitals, urine sample and internal exam.  You could hear DD crying from waiting room and I know that DH was flustered but at the same  time I was secretly thinking, "now you get to see what I have to deal with when DD decides she doesn't want to sit in her stroller."  Felt kinda bad for him but not really.  
  • Options
    I am pretty embarrassed about this one! I have the worst gas right now and the only thing that seems to make it better is if I lay down on my bed and really relax for about 30 mins and fart until all the farts are gone! I do this every night and DH is kind enough to put his headphones on in the office and ignore me. So embarrassing but it feels so good! 

"Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." -Gandalf 
    m/c #1 01/10/12
    BFP #2 01/18/13. EDD 09/10/13. Missed m/c 02/18/13. 
    BFP #3 5/1/13 My rainbow DS born 1/13/14
    BFP #4 11/11/15 spontaneous m/c 12/28/15
    BFP#5  Praying for another rainbow in February!

• Options

imagepeanut+muse:
    Here's my confession. Every time I see mrs.jenni's siggy pics, I think her daughter in the middle is flicking the camera off. I have done a double take several times.

She totally is. 

• Options
    imagepeanut+muse:

imageMrsW062610:

Me too. I totally can understand why the one chick who is 6 months pregnant has never come out. It's just a fun place with interesting conversation. I'm sure the conversation will pick up here once we get to know each other better, but the snark won't be the same.

I met a lot of great people when I was on TTGP before Reid and I loved it there.  Thankfully all my favs moved over to S12 with me (there was a HUGE influx of BFPs... all the Christmas babies, I guess ;) so I'm still with them there even now (and on FB.)

I think this board will pick up A LOT once we all know each other more and we're more settled on who will actually be here.  Then the snark will commence. ;) 

• Options

My confession is that I can't wait to have another LO to spread out some of the attention from the ILs. Ahh to not have MIL and aunts all standing over my shoulder chanting baby's name while she's being fed in her high chair, when we're at a family dinner. 

Edit: Oh and my other one is that I used to think the Baby Names board was very intimidating, but now I'm obsessed with it! 

• Options

Is it really flame free?  I have a feeling my opinion is not a popular one around here.

I actually hate all the drama and snark that some other bumpies seem to like.  It's what made me turn to the FertilityFriend message boards when I was TTC - it just got too nasty on TB for me.  I am already feeling bad, stressed about this pregnancy, and paranoid... I don't need mean strangers on top of that!

Of course, I don't want it to be all "baby dust" and warm fuzzies - a dose of reality is what we all really need, but I just don't like or understand the cruelty and popular-girls-club aspect of TB sometimes.

• Options
    imagehannahhicks:

My confession is that I can't wait to have another LO to spread out some of the attention from the ILs. Ahh to not have MIL and aunts all standing over my shoulder chanting baby's name while she's being fed in her high chair, when we're at a family dinner. 

hahaha yes! I feel the same way about spreading some of the attention out!  

I also secretly hope BIL (DH's only brother) and SIL have a baby soon.  Not because I think they'll be great parents or I desperately want a niece/nephew....solely because then my ILs can be obsessed with their kid and leave us alone. 

• Options
    imageMrs Bookworm:
    Is it really flame free?nbsp; I have a feeling my opinion is not a popular one around here.I actually hate all the drama and snark that some othernbsp;bumpies seem to like.nbsp; It's what made me turn to the FertilityFriend message boards when I was TTC it just got too nasty on TB for me.nbsp; I am already feeling bad, stressed about this pregnancy, and paranoid... I don't need mean strangers on top of that!Of course, I don't want it to be all "baby dust" and warm fuzzies a dose of reality is what we all really need, but I just don't like or understand the cruelty and populargirlsclub aspect of TB sometimes.

I'm with you! I almost deleted this.last night because how rude.a person was being to another on a different board. I don't understand why people think it funny to be unkind. Being a rude bully is not cool, and part of me thinks something has to be wrong with them in real life if grown women feel tje need to act like snotty teenagers on the internet. I think being a nice person is so important, I guess I will never be a "cool bumpie" .. haha
    T: 10/04/06 L: 4/22/09 Baby: EDD: 1/30/14 MMC & D&C: 7/3/13
    Baby 2: EDD: 8/06/14 CP: 11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    imagemrs.jenni:

imagepeanut+muse:

She totally is. 

Even more awesome than a fake flick off.

• Options
    imageMrs Bookworm:

Is it really flame free?  I have a feeling my opinion is not a popular one around here.

I actually hate all the drama and snark that some other bumpies seem to like.  It's what made me turn to the FertilityFriend message boards when I was TTC - it just got too nasty on TB for me.  I am already feeling bad, stressed about this pregnancy, and paranoid... I don't need mean strangers on top of that!

Of course, I don't want it to be all "baby dust" and warm fuzzies - a dose of reality is what we all really need, but I just don't like or understand the cruelty and popular-girls-club aspect of TB sometimes.

I get why people don't like it, but as you mentioned, you can always go somewhere else where it's not so snarky. But chances are, you'll get rainbows blown up your a$$ when you need a reality check, too. Personally, I'll take brutal honesty over fluff any day.

• Options

imagepeanut+muse:
    I get why people don't like it, but as you mentioned, you can always go somewhere else where it's not so snarky. But chances are, you'll get rainbows blown up your a$$ when you need a reality check, too. Personally, I'll take brutal honesty over fluff any day.

I definitely agree with that part, and that's why I'm at The Bump for this stage of my journey... I would rather have brutal honesty than rainbows and babydust!  Sometimes, though, it can go beyond honesty here, though, to just plain mean.  I haven't seen it in this group, though, so I am excited to be here.  :)

• Options

imageBuckeyeANG:

I was in the same boat.  I BF my daughter for 14 months until she self-weaned, and I wasn't really excited about BF my son.  I didn't really enjoy BF my daughter either, and I didn't feel all bonded and stuff because of it. I just felt like a milk machine.  We bonded when she giggled and cooed at me... not so much when she was nursing.

I will say though,  at least for me,  it was much much more pleasant the second time around.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't easy peasy (especially since I couldn't pump again and he didn't like binkies so it was all me all hours of the day),  but this time around I was much more experienced.  I didn't have the early problems that I did with #1, and we just swung right into it.

I hope you have an equally easy transition like I did.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • Options
    imagepeanut+muse:
    imageMrs Bookworm:

Yeah, not every message board fits every poster. That's ok. Find one that fits for you. TB seems to work for me because there is a good amount of support, even for newbies, a ton of women who are freaking smart with fertility and babies, and a healthy dose of realism/snark/calling out the BS. I like that mix and would not care for the puppies and rainbows found on babycenter of babygaga.

• Options
    imageBuckeyeANG:

I also secretly hope BIL (DH's only brother) and SIL have a baby soon.  Not because I think they'll be great parents or I desperately want a niece/nephew....solely because then my ILs can be obsessed with their kid and leave us alone. 

Oh same here! SIL and I are the same age and good friends, so it would be cool, and I'm ready for other grandkids/playmates in the family! Harper is the first..people say "enjoy the attention while it lasts," and stuff..  but I'm ready for it to be their turn! 

• Options

imagesugarland726:
    Yeah, not every message board fits every poster. That's ok. Find one that fits for you. TB seems to work for me because there is a good amount of support, even for newbies, a ton of women who are freaking smart with fertility and babies, and a healthy dose of realism/snark/calling out the BS. I like that mix and would not care for the puppies and rainbows found on babycenter of babygaga.

I agree, and that's why I'm here and not on babycenter or babygaga or babyrainbowlala. ;) I like this board on TB for the same reason, but I have seen other boards just totally explode with negativity.  I like the lack of BS, babydust and ignorance, and the smart women who know what the heck they are talking about here, and that's why I joined!

• Options
    I've got a really flamey one. Someone yesterday mentioned in a post that their friend recently had an elective termination for Trisomy 21 which is Down Syndrome. That earned a MAJOR side eye from me. Trisomy 21 is not a death sentence like other trisomies. I know full well that I do not know these people and their situation and that their decision was a heart wrenching one, I can't even comprehend. It just makes me sad because that child could have had a full life. Oh well, flame away.
    Married 5.16.10 Kaia Helene born 8.23.12 Soren Noble due 1.20.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagejhunter89:
    I've got a really flamey one. Someone yesterday mentioned in a post that their friend recently had an elective termination for Trisomy 21 which is Down Syndrome. That earned a MAJOR side eye from me. Trisomy 21 is not a death sentence like other trisomies. I know full well that I do not know these people and their situation and that their decision was a heart wrenching one, I can't even comprehend. It just makes me sad because that child could have had a full life. Oh well, flame away.

I thought the same thing.

And DH's uncle has it and it now 47 years old. He's lived a great life and our family wouldn't be the same without him. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"