Parenting

Roll Call!

Who's here and what are you doing?

Rosie is at MIL's till Sunday. Which is a much needed break from her. So everyone in the house is all:

https://media.tumblr.com/4f07a7a9ca8e51d7401afed04935f7c1/tumblr_inline_mjx1jf3xh31rg4uy0.gif

My BMB's UO turned into a giant debate over welfare. Apparently there are lots of people who are pro "Boot Straps" and using services that you qualify for, but putting money into savings is not what "it's meant for". Oooook then. Anyways, we're making dinner and then I'm getting drunk and playing Pokemon. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Roll Call!

• olp920olp920 member
    Going on our first family vacation tomorrow with our 8 month old son and our friends with their 10 month old twins. So I just spent the night packing but I'm SUPER excited!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Here.  Watching Sherlock.

// I love you too. //

• Loading the player...
  • Dd went to bed sweetly and peacefully. Ds CIOd for 45 mins and pulled the "sing to me" and "but I love you mama" maneuver every time I went in to quiet him. Lil punk. That's the last time we go out for ice cream after dinner!

With him anyway.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • I am here.  I am so under the weather (I will leave out the gory details), but I am pretty miserable and have been for several days.  I did manage to clean up a bit and grocery shop.  I just gave DS a bath and made brownies.  DH is about to put DS to bed, and I am being lazy.

• TB loves to debate welfare. And there seems to always be some jack a$s who thinks it's ok to get all Rush Limbaugh. Or racist.

I just don't... I can't. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Here. Trying to finish reading the fifth Game of Thrones book

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • imagekiraliz2:
    My kid crawled today for the first time. That was cool, but also I think life just got harder.

Aww, congrats :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagekiraliz2:
    There's a girl on my BMB who talks crap about the people on welfare and she is ON WELFARE. Argh.

This all started from "People on welfare shouldn't have iPhones". However, tons of people qualify for public assistance (like WIC and daycare), they just don't know it. Also, a large chunk of the people in these programs are military families since they really don't make that much.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageNana_Osaki06:

imagekiraliz2:
    There's a girl on my BMB who talks crap about the people on welfare and she is ON WELFARE. Argh.

This all started from "People on welfare shouldn't have iPhones". However, tons of people qualify for public assistance (like WIC and daycare), they just don't know it. Also, a large chunk of the people in these programs are military families since they really don't make that much.

The first thing I thought when I bought my iPhone was, "Shiit, I'd better keep it in my pocket when I swipe my EBT card."

I qualify for a small amount of food benefits because I have three kids and the dude who fathered the last two dipped while I was pregnant with the second so he could par-tay.  At 4 weeks PP I still can't run out and get a job, so I don't feel bad about cashing in on those benefits.  But I also decided I occasionally deserve to have nice things and I put some me-money I'd saved from Christmas, birthday, etc. toward buying the phone.  Also, I have that Virgin mobile deal where I only pay, like, $50/mo.  Which is only $10 more per month than MetroPCS, except I get a way better phone.  So then I'm like, "Wait, wait.  Why do I care what strangers think?" and I play with that beast in the checkout lane shamelessly.

// I love you too. //

• imageNativeFloridian:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

imagekiraliz2:

The first thing I thought when I bought my iPhone was, "Shiit, I'd better keep it in my pocket when I swipe my EBT card."

I qualify for a small amount of food benefits because I have three kids and the dude who fathered the last two dipped while I was pregnant with the second so he could par-tay.  At 4 weeks PP I still can't run out and get a job, so I don't feel bad about cashing in on those benefits.  But I also decided I occasionally deserve to have nice things and I put some me-money I'd saved from Christmas, birthday, etc. toward buying the phone.  Also, I have that Virgin mobile deal where I only pay, like, $50/mo.  Which is only $10 more per month than MetroPCS, except I get a way better phone.  So then I'm like, "Wait, wait.  Why do I care what strangers think?" and I play with that beast in the checkout lane shamelessly.

I feel ya. I used myself as an example. Since, when I was a single mother I worked a 40 hour per week job, worked overtime when I could, and got monthly bonuses, but child care would of still cost me over half of what I made a month. I used what I qualified for, tucked some money into savings, and took care of my kid. However, me being on public assistance programs like WIC, Food Stamps, and Childcare means that I don't get an iPhone. 

• imagekiraliz2:
    My kid crawled today for the first time. That was cool, but also I think life just got harder.

And congratulations to your son on being a crawler!

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imageNana_Osaki06:
    imageNativeFloridian:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

imagekiraliz2:

I feel ya. I used myself as an example. Since, when I was a single mother I worked a 40 hour per week job, worked overtime when I could, and got monthly bonuses, but child care would of still cost me over half of what I made a month. I used what I qualified for, tucked some money into savings, and took care of my kid. However, me being on public assistance programs like WIC, Food Stamps, and Childcare means that I don't get an iPhone. 

That crap KILLS me. It's the reason I decided to be a SAHM before ex-BD dipped. Now the trick is finding gainful employment after the cost of child care is factored in.

// I love you too. //

• It was a long day today. DD gave a girl at softball a black eye. She hit a line drive into the girl's temple/cheekbone area. It didn't hit her full on so it could have been worse. It sort of skimmed her face. Her parents screamed at me. How is it DD's fault that their daughter wasn't paying attention during the game? I feel bad when any child is hurt, but we're not taking the blame. That was fun. I need a drink.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • imageKlondikeBar:
    It was a long day today. DD gave a girl at softball a black eye. She hit a line drive into the girl's temple/cheekbone area. It didn't hit her full on so it could have been worse. It sort of skimmed her face. Her parents screamed at me. How is it DD's fault that their daughter wasn't paying attention during the game? I feel bad when any child is hurt, but we're not taking the blame. That was fun. I need a drink.

Oh COME ON.  Didn't this JUST happen to a Blue Jays player a few weeks ago?  It even happens to people who play ball for a living!  It's typically an accident.  It happened to my dad when he was a kid - he was the one hit.  He tried to put his glove up to block it but it hit him in the bridge of his nose and knocked him out cold.  He never blamed the batter, that sh!t just happens sometimes.

// I love you too. //

• imageGhostMonkey:

Drinking because this God damned week needs to be fuvcking over.

Same. ::clinks glasses with GM::
  • imageLexiLupin:

imageKlondikeBar:
    It was a long day today. DD gave a girl at softball a black eye. She hit a line drive into the girl's temple/cheekbone area. It didn't hit her full on so it could have been worse. It sort of skimmed her face. Her parents screamed at me. How is it DD's fault that their daughter wasn't paying attention during the game? I feel bad when any child is hurt, but we're not taking the blame. That was fun. I need a drink.

Yeah, wow. Isn't getting hit with a fast-moving projectile sort of a hazard of the trade when you sign the kid up in the first place?

Apparently you should tell your DD to aim better when she swings. 

Yep. Totes your fault, Klondike. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageLexiLupin:

H and I are watching a movie. A lump of a baby is snoozing on my chest.

So we were gone for the weekend and he was in disposable diapers from Thursday-Tuesday. When we went back to cloth, the prefolds he'd been wearing barely fit. I didn't even notice them getting close to not fitting on Wednesday last week. Dude. 

On the bright side, the one-size diapers fit now so I have new toys to play with. On the down side, it gave me a bit of he's growing so fast! freak out already.

Oh, those lumpy babies. I got emotional when I packed away the NB stuff. He's fitting nicely in 6 month onesies now Crying 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageLexiLupin:

imageKlondikeBar:

Yeah, wow. Isn't getting hit with a fast-moving projectile sort of a hazard of the trade when you sign the kid up in the first place?

Apparently you should tell your DD to aim better when she swings. 

It was nuts. The parents acted like it was intentional. Yeah, she that great of an aim. I felt bad, but it wasn't DD's fault.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • imageLexiLupin:
    Someone on my BMB wants to feed their 9 day old baby water to clean out their mouth, prevent yeast infections, and cut down on their LO's "snacking." Must restrain self...

Lolwut?

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imageGhostMonkey:

imageKlondikeBar:

Da fuq? 

Maybe my teammate's parents should have screamed at the parents of the girl that hit a line drive into their daughter's stomach. Or my idiot teammate should have been paying attention after she threw the pitch too.

DD has been hurt so many times over the years during the sports and I have never been upset with a parent or kid. There have been a few girls throwing hard intentional elbows during basketball and I still never got in anyone's face. Sh!t happens during sports. The refs and coaches take care of fouls. Some of these sports parents need to open their eyes and breathe.

• imageLexiLupin:

Someone on my BMB wants to feed their (9 day old) baby water to clean out their mouth, prevent yeast infections, and cut down on their LO's "snacking."

Must restrain self...

Wat?  You mean my newborn's frequent feedings are just him snacking?!  To think I could have been filling him up on water to shut him up.  Here I thought he was just a growing baby.

// I love you too. //

• I'm here, trying to get the motivation to fold all of the clean laundry that I threw on my bed earlier.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna push it to the side and go to bed...
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• imageLexiLupin:

Someone on my BMB wants to feed their (9 day old) baby water to clean out their mouth, prevent yeast infections, and cut down on their LO's "snacking."

Must restrain self...

I no longer think I was truly "clueless" when diving into the whole parenting thing. Some of the questions people ask on TB really blow my mind. The 0-3 board is awful. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageNativeFloridian:
    imageLexiLupin:

Must restrain self...

Wat?  You mean my newborn's frequent feedings are just him snacking?!  To think I could have been filling him up on water to shut him up.  Here I thought he was just a growing baby.

Those newborns are pesky with their snacking. They can wait until mealtime like everyone else. Do they think they we can just drop everything and feed them when they think they are hungry? Stick out tongue

• The joint is really jumpin' tonight. Is it the short work week or sumpin?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • imageRunaway22:
    imageLexiLupin:

Must restrain self...

I no longer think I was truly "clueless" when diving into the whole parenting thing. Some of the questions people ask on TB really blow my mind. The 0-3 board is awful. 

You know, I"m ok with uniformed people asking stupid questions, as long as they accept the answer they are given.

• imageLexiLupin:
    imageLuckyDad:
    [

You know, I"m ok with uniformed people asking stupid questions, as long as they accept the answer they are given.

Why only people in uniform? 

Well ain't you a clever one.

I wish I was on mobile and could blame autocorrect! But I accidently forgot a ltter.

• imageLuckyDad:
    The joint is really jumpin' tonight. Is it the short work week or sumpin?

It is for me. I leave tomorrow afternoon to do a 5k. My mom's weekend will be spent running and glamping.

imageimage

• Hey. Dh leaves tomorrow for his mancation. I plan on drinking all the wine. ALL.OF.IT!
  • imageLexiLupin:

Typos are much funnier when they result in a wholly different but real word.

It's true. And funniest when they make it dirty.

• I'm here. Watching Arrested Development and digesting dinner.

I'm super tired despite having slept in until 10 today and not-so-secretly hoping that I'm not growing a baby right now, because that would suck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagechardonnay24:
    I'm here. Watching Arrested Development and digesting dinner.I'm super tired despite having slept in until 10 today and notsosecretly hoping that I'm not growing a baby right now, because that would suck.

Hey, me too! But I'm watching old episodes, so DH can catch up.

imageimage

• imageshanado:
    Hey. Dh leaves tomorrow for his mancation. I plan on drinking all the wine. ALL.OF.IT!

I'm not going to be far from you this weekend on my momcation!

imageimage

• imagemissyishere:
    imageshanado:
    Hey. Dh leaves tomorrow for his mancation. I plan on drinking all the wine. ALL.OF.IT!

Really? I'm so jealous of your momcation.
  • imageshanado:
    imagemissyishere:
    imageshanado:

Really? I'm so jealous of your momcation.

I double checked. It's about an hour and a half away; not as close as i thought.

imageimage

• imagemissyishere:
    imageshanado:

DW is taking DS out of town for a few days this weekend as well. It will be weird sleeping in Sunday morning. I've been fantasizing about it. I plan to get nice and tipsy. There may be drunk bumping if my friends are lame with their "girlfriends" that night.

• C mo sighting!

imageimage

• imageC_mo:

Hai!! 

O Hai. How r ur cowz?

• imageLuckyDad:
    imageRunaway22:
    imageLexiLupin:

Must restrain self...

I guess my judgy is showing. AGAIN. I need to get that in check.

also lol @ "uniformed." Too lazy to quote dat tree. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageC_mo:
    imageLexiLupin:
    imageLuckyDad:
    imageC_mo:

Hai!! 

O Hai. How r ur cowz?

Jinx. Sort of. Except mine was typed out, you know... almost properly, extra punctuation aside.

The cows are all unpreggly thank God almighty. They haven't been checked on in a while since my husband mangled his back bending over to get a garden hose :/

BUT! Calving is over, they can feed themselves and I am a happy wife... except for the mangled husband part. 

SQUEEEEEE! It's you! I called you out in the bumpies we miss thread!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"