Babies on the Brain

Short Term Disability - Not through employer?

My employer does not offer short term disability. I've asked if there was anything they could do with Aflac, even if I had to pay but they won't provide it. Does anyone have any recommendations for STD that you get without your employer that covers maternity?

Thank you!

Re: Short Term Disability - Not through employer?

• I bought my own AFLAC policy and it was pretty reasonable.  If you go to their website you can find a local office to set it up with.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How long ago was that? I was just on their site today and it says I have to go through my employer. I'm really hoping that I can.
  • Loading the player...
  • FemShepFemShep member
    A local insurance agent can help you.  Additionally, you may want to check your state for benefits; some states offer short-term disability coverage.
  • I have been looking into the exact same  thing! everyone I talked to was like no way we don't do that! crazy. thank you for posting, hopefully there will be lots of helpful answers! I checked with aflac and metlife, both said it had to be through employer as they both stopped doing individual policys :(

edit-added a sentence.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

baby development

• Hmmm I got mine about a year and a half ago (might have been a little longer). I did have to set up an automotic payment through my payroll to get the policy, but my employeeer does not offer it as a benefit in any way they just send them their money.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do contract work and have no benefits offered through my employer.  I called Aflac just a few days ago and they said they do not offer individual plans- only through an employer.  I have contacted every insurance agency I can seem to find and no one offers short-term disability for maternity leave from work.  They only offer policies that will cover possible complications during pregnancy.

Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"