VBAC
Options

EPO Vaginally (XP: Natural Birth)

Hello Ladies. My son was born at 38 weeks, 4 days.  

He's now almost one month old and I can't stop wondering if the EPO I took vaginally the two days before going into labor caused me to go into labor early. It was not my intention to put myself into labor. 

My midwife told me I could take them vaginally or orally starting at 36 weeks.  I started taking them orally at 37 weeks and vaginally at 38 weeks 2 days and 3 days.

Everything I've read on the internet is that EPO can not cause you to go into labor. Was this likely just a weird coincidence?  Tell me I'm over thinking this... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: EPO Vaginally (XP: Natural Birth)

• Options
    skioskio member
    You're overthinking this. ;]

EPO will not cause you to go into labor before your body and baby are ready for labor. All it does is soften the cervix a bit. Labor is triggered by the baby releasing a hormone, nothing else.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options

First of all, Scott and Nate look SOOO much alike!!  They're adorable!! :) 

Don't overthink it.  ITA with skio... labor is triggered by baby. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No, I don't think so. When I was trying to go into labor I alternated inserting EPO vaginally and having sex with DH every night for about 2 weeks. None of it worked.

imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options
    I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. I started taking it at 36.5wks and DS was born at 40wk4d.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"