Pregnant after 35
Options

MaterniT21

Does anyone know that weeks during which this test is given?

Someone told me its between 9-12 weeks....so I am concerned that my next apt isn't until I'm 13 weeks and may not get my shot at this test.  After verifying that this pregnancy was viable they told me to come back for my real first ob apt at week 13....after being told I was high risk I am starting to think that the wait is just to long.

BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Pregnancy Ticker
image""> image

Re: MaterniT21

• Options
    Anytime after 10 weeks.  I had the test done at 14 weeks.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageRubygirl:
    Anytime after 10 weeks.  I had the test done at 14 weeks.  

Good to know....maybe I will stop stressing!

Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Up to 14 days for the results.  We had to submit a 2nd sample so we waited 22 days...wait was brutal!

Me 39, DH 40. Married on 9/18/2010 and have been TTC since. IVF # 1-7/13/2012, 15 retreived, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, 4 frozen. BFP Natural MC 9/10 IVF#2, FET - 12/3/201 2 - 3 transferred, BFP! Natural MC 12/25/2012 IFV #3, 2/27/2013 - 3 transferred, BFP! TWINS!!! Loss of one twin 3/20/13.One sticky hanging on!Pregnancy%20ticker
    imageimage

• Options
    I just want to make sure there isn't a window of time it has to be done in....since I will be out of town my 10-12 weeks...I don't get scene for my real first ob apt until 13weeks.  I however have had two u/s since we found out just not an official ob workup!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • Options

imagearnold94:
    I talked to my OB yesterday about this.  She recommended it but wasn't pushing it on me.  She said it can be done really anytime.  I wanted to wait until after the results of our NT testing came back before I decided and she said that would be fine (having the test at 12w2d) so you should be fine when you go in at 13w.  

Thanks!  I would love the test esp if that means I might poss skip the amnio!

Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • Options
    They took the bloodwork for it at 10 weeks and 2 weeks later I had to go in for the NT scan and gave me the materni 21 results.
    m/c #1 6/30/05 m/c #2 9/18/06 m/c #3 9/18/08 BFP 10/21/12....EDD 7/6/13....Praying this is my sticky baby. Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had mine at 11 weeks. My ob said nine weeks was the earliest for it to be done, there needs to be enough fetal DNA present in your blood for results. He never mentioned a latest date to do it.
  • Options
    We did it at 15 weeks. We were so lucky, got the results in 7 days!
  • Options
    I have my first appointment with my OB tomorrow I will be 8w3d. I'm going to push for the test as soon as possible so either week 9 or week 10.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's anytime, the NT scan must be given before 14 weeks.
  • Options
    I had it at 10 weeks 3 days. Got the results back in less than 2 weeks. It's amazing how far technology has come! And with no risk to the baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was 14 weeks and it took 10 days to get the results.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"