Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Glider?

I really like the way the upholstered gliders look as opposed to the rocking chair style but they are considerably more expensive.  This is our first child, so I can reason that buying a glider would win out over time, but it does seem like a lot of money to spend up front.  Is it worth it?  What do you ladies think?

Re: Glider?

• Options
    I was in the same boat as you, I searched and tested alot and loved the upholstered glider that reclines. we ended up getting the Cole Glider at La z boy with the fabric of our choosing, it was $1000, our rationalization is that we will have it for this baby, and the next and it's a great chair to use in the house after babies....and after all that i can always sell it. Ultimatley all the ones we looked at were in that $700-1400 range so I just picked the one I liked best and the one with the best quality. Good luck.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

The glider for LO #1 was our "splurge" item - we got the Monte Luca glider in bright orange -- it is a great chair and LO can use it in his room for years (he loves sitting in it now and he's only 20 months old).  It was convenient for nursing and the endless rocking that we did for LO's colic, reflux and crankiness.  For LO #2 due this fall, we wanted another upholstered glider but did not have the money to splurge.  I checked daily and wound up finding another Monte Luca glider, this time in gray, on craigslist for less than 50% of the new chair price -- and it is in pristine condition. 

So, long way of saying, you might want to check craigslist or other similar resources for a gently used one if what you want if it is otherwise not in your budget.

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If I had the space, I would get a glider that reclines. So many times I wish I could just lay back and rest after rocking one of my LOs.
  • Options
    We have laz-y-boy arm chairs that rock, reciline and foot part goes up. Have slept in those many nights which would otherwise be sleepless. We got them 7 years ago, still in good condition. Highly reccomend.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemajwv8:
    I was surprised how expensive they were too. We bought one from amazon for 180 and I am very happy with it.

Would you mind to link the glider you bought on Amazon? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    fryratfryrat member
    Look at the long term. I got a glider with the cushions. I really liked the fact that I wanted it to use in the living room, and as a bonus, I need something for baby! It's in the living room now.
    For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    klyannklyann member

We have two Best Chair glider/recliners.  They are custom upholstered and made in the USA.  The quality is superb.   And I'm pretty sure we got them for about $600 each.

https://www.besthf.com/best/Storytime/Recliners/items/BILANA

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Forgot to add that we had our chairs scotch guarded ..... definitly helped with baby poop blow out clean ups.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The glider that we want is upholstered and is only $99, it's at walmart.com. 

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• Options

I decided to go with the Baby Bargains rec: Dutailier brand.  I went to BRU to test out a few different brands and this one was definitely superior to the others.

However I wasn't liking the $700 tag for the chair and ottoman so I patiently waited until I found something on craigslist and bought a set for $120.

For me, it wasn't even a matter of affordability.  It was value and how long I'd be using this item and that I knew it should hold up reasonably well even in used condition.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"