Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Recommend your convertible car seat?

By twins are only 4 months old but I realize we're going to need convertible car seats before I know it. Right now Target has a sale and I have a coupon so I wanted to look into them and save some money...since we'll have to buy two! What kind do you have/recommend???

Re: Recommend your convertible car seat?

• Options
    We love our Diono Radian - a little pricey, but likely won't have to purchase another car seat, so I was okay with it!  Plus, they're more narrow than most seats, which would be a plus with you having twins (if you have a back seat that they need to fit in).  They rear face a lot longer than most seats, which was important to me in choosing a convertible.  We have the R120, but I've also heard good things about the R100 and RXT models.  Some of them are on sale at target.com.
  • Options
    We love our Britax Boulevard.  We switched DD to that seat at 7mo, though she still fits in her infant seat (she's tiny, 10th%).  We got it because it had more padding than a lot of the seats we looked at and DD seems very comfortable in it (she screamed non-stop in the infant seat).  It was easy to install and my SIL and another carseat fit in the back seat of my Subaru Legacy easily.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    g8trkimg8trkim member
    We have an Evenflo Triumph. Love it. Used it with DS from 8 months to 3 and now with DD. They are still in great shape. Very comfy and the straps adjust automatically which is nice.

• Options
    imagekjsmith9:
    We love our Diono Radian a little pricey, but likely won't have to purchase another car seat, so I was okay with it! nbsp;Plus, they're more narrow than most seats, which would be a plus with you having twins if you have a back seat that they need to fit in. nbsp;They rear face a lot longer than most seats, which was important to me in choosing a convertible. nbsp;We have the R120, but I've also heard good things about the R100 and RXT models. nbsp;Some of them are on sale at target.com.
    Yup! We just recently bought the RXT on Amazon when it was 100 off. DS seems much more comfortable in it than the infant carrier. It is not bulky at all and pretty easy to install.
  • Options
    We have the Recaro ProRIDE. We love it. It seems a little big but it doesn't bother us. I drive an Escape and DH has a crew cab.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My daughter is in the radian in both the cars. My son is in a radian in my husband's car and a clek foonf in mine. Both are the top seats on the market. You want one that will rear face past 2 years. So these two seats are the best for that. If your willing to spend the money the foonf is a super well engineered and safe seat. Both of the seats though have a steel structure to them and are very sturdy.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kekiskekis member
    Just recently got DD the Chicco NextFit and it is awesome!  Highly recommend it.
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I bought 2 Chicco Nextfit convertible car seats and LOVE them! So well made and safe! They're the best!
  • Options
    jg1011jg1011 member

V uses the Britax Marathon in my car and Britax Roundabout in my DH's car. We tried the Marathon and Pavillion bc we liked the extra cushioning but V HATED both. He hated that his head flat so confined. 

The marathon and roundabout are much better! 

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"