Preemies

please tell me...

That your preemie has had a cold or stuffy nose without it being a major illness!!

My LO is 5 months, 2 months adjusted. After we can home from the nicu he got rsv and was hospitalized. He has been doing wonderful since then.

Yesterday I noticed he was choaking a little like he had drainage. Today he is stuffy and a little sneezy. He has coughed maube twice but it is a very shallow cough and not at all wet. No fever.

All of us are a little snotty so I am hoping that he will handle this well. The doc said we could start treating him like a well baby. We have been out with him but have been very diligent with handwashing and the like.

I was just hoping someone had an LO who was sick but not seriously ill!!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: please tell me...

• My boys are 7 months, 5.5 adjusted. They came in the middle of rsv season. They have gotten 3-4 colds, no major illnesses. They've had stomach bugs, fevers, ear infection, but they have done well getting over all of them without intervention. Sending well wishes to your LO. I was a nervous wreck about them getting sick until a month ago. Hugs!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • SBBBESBBBE member
    Both of my LOs had a few different colds in the first 6 months and were fine. I was one really worried momma and I took them to the pedi each time to be on the safe side. In the end it wasnt thar bad and wasnt that big of deal although it didn't feel that way at the time. Wishing your LO a speedy recovery.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My two have each had a couple little colds each season.  Nothing serious.  I stay home with them or my parents watch them so we've been pretty lucky to keep them away from serious illnesses.  I hope your little guy feels better soon and it's nothing serious!
  • My daughter started daycare when she was 10m old.  She has been countless times and never re-hospitalized.  I hope your LO gets over it quickly!  GL!
  • MinaE01MinaE01 member
    DS has had a couple of colds. No big deal!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"