LGBT Parenting
Options

Numbers question

Hi Everyone.  As I think I mentioned at some point, my partner and I are in our first unmedicated IUI cycle. We had our mid-cycle appointment on Tuesday (CD 11) and my partner had two lead follicles (12.5 and 11.5).  Her lining was 7.7, but her E2 was only 71.  The RE said that this was ok, but that we obviously wanted to keep monitoring to see how things progressed. 

Today we had our second appointment.  One of the lead follicles had grown to 15.5 and other had dropped off to 11.  According to the RE, that one had "won the race,"  and at that growth rate, we could expect the lead follicle to reach maturity in the next day or two. Her lining was 8.4 and they told us that they would call with instructions.

That call came this afternoon and they instructed us to trigger tomorrow night and come in this weekend for IUIs, but when I asked what her E2 was, they said 58.

That makes no sense to me.  Shouldn't a nearly mature follicle be giving off 150-200 E2?  And if E2 is dropping, why would they tell us to go ahead and trigger?  Everything I've read says that a growing follicle with no corresponding increase in E2 means that there is no egg in that follicle?

Has anyone had a similar pattern?  

Anniversary

Re: Numbers question

• Options
    I am sorry for your concern. I do not have input for you bc I am so new at this. Did you try to speak to a nurse or the dr about your concerns? Any updates on your progress?
    33 Years Old

Married 7/7/10 - Provincetown MA on the beach -

Reception October 23, 2010 - Martha Clara Vinyards, North Fork Long Island

5/12/13 - 5/13/13 IUI #1 - BFN
    6/14/13 - IUI #2 - BFN - 7/17/13 - IUI#3 - BFN Clomid cycle 100mg 08/13 - cancelled bc produced too many eggs. Clomid cycle 50mg 10/13 - IUI#4- BFN. Clomid. Switched Dr in November. IUI#5 11/20 and 11/21 with trigger and clomid. -TWW {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Trying to Conceive Ticker}
  • Options

Hi damo, I'm sorry you're having to deal with this confusion. Trying to get everything "perfect" for the IUI can feel so frustrating. I don't have the experience with E2 levels dropping, but I used this chart that I got from someone on TTTC board to measure where I was at: https://www.pregnancycharts.org/hormoneLevels.php

I would call your RE or RE nurse to express your concern.

There are many more bumpies and experiences with IUI on the Trouble TTC board. If you post a question there, after giving a very clear intro of yourself and adding details of where you are in the TTC process to your siggy, someone should answer you. And hopefully someone on this board will have experience enough to answer your question.

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    damo256damo256 member
    Thanks everyone. We ended up having a conversation with our RE, and explaining our concerns about her numbers. We also came in for another ultrasound and b/w.

The ultrasound showed that everything is still progressing nicely and the b/w showed that her E2 had gone up just a bit although it still wasn't what one would expect.

Ultimately, the RE was unconcerned about that one anomalous number and he recommended that we go forward.

I guess time will tell!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Good luck and keep us updated.  Hopefully this will be your cycle. Sending positive thoughts your way. 
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"