4 Weeks Pregnant

Implantation Bleeding or Early Period?

I am wanting some help determining what is currently going on and if I could be pregnant. These are the facts I have, I ovulated May 9th and my husband and I had intercourse that day. I read that impantation bleeding can happen 6-12 days after ovulation. On Monday May 20 (11 days post ovulation) I had the pink tinge that would only show up on my toilet paper. Then yesterday May 21 I had a brown discharge that showed up in my underwear, only a small amount maybe the size of a quarter. Today I had some light bleeding that was majority brown with some dark red. It has been light enough that it does not soak a tampon and it also does not follow my normal menstrual pattern. I am not set to start my period until May 25. Other signs I have are extremely sore breasts and fatigue.

Depending on what Google resource you go to some say I could possibly be pregnant. Is this true? Or am I experiencing a early period. Normally I wouldn't give it much thought; however the part that is making me think more is that the range of time for impantation bleeding to occur matches perfectly with my ovulation date.

Also, my other question is some say I can test as early as my first "missed" perido day while other resources say that I might not recieve a positive result until 7-10 days.

Please send FRIENDLY advice. Thank you.

Re: Implantation Bleeding or Early Period?

• I would say go ahead and test!!! I'm 4 weeks today and my period was supposed to come today, but I tested positive last Friday so three days before my missed period. I've taken four tests so there's no way it's wrong! I'm going to the dr. tomorrow to confirm, but I'm pretty sure this is the real deal : if you test negative, don't give up hope because according to everything I've read and everyone I've talked to, most women do not find out as early as I did. I did not have implantation bleeding, but I have experienced fatigue and cramping. Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • I just found out I am 4 weeks pregnant.  I was supposed to get my period yesterday (monday), but you can test up to 4 days before.  The test will tell you what the percentage of accuracy is each day.  I tested sunday morning, 1 day before, and that is 94% accurate.  The hormone that HPT test for is not present unless you are pregnant.  It's very difficult to get a false positive, however, you may get a false negative by testing too early.  You may not have enough hormone in your system yet.  If the test is positive for the hormone, you are pregnant.  Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"