Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

STTN regression?

Up until two nights ago LO has STTN since he was 8 weeks. Then suddenly two nights ago he woke up at 2:30 crying because he was hungry and then this morning I woke at 3:45 to him laughing and playing in his pnp in our room. While it would have been absolutely adorable at any other time of the day and I did find it cute, it took another hours for him to go back to sleep. Has this happened to anyone else? Does it go away on its own or should I do something to keep it from happening?

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

Re: STTN regression?

• Options

Infant sleep is a constant battle of progression and regression. Honestly, you've been really lucky that your LO sleeps that well, and regression is totally common and normal. It usually passes on its own in a week or so. DS, however, became an early bird around that age and was up for the day at 4 AM for many many weeks. You learn to adapt.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MBush4MBush4 member
    Thanks. I know I'm really lucky and I don't mean to complain. It just sucks when I have to pump around the clock plus be up at 5:15 in order to get everything ready to be to work on time...

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMBush4:
    Thanks. I know I'm really lucky and I don't mean to complain. It just sucks when I have to pump around the clock plus be up at 5:15 in order to get everything ready to be to work on time...

Oh, I feel you. Just know that there is a light ahead, and it does get better again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    2moms2b2moms2b member

We are right there with you.  One that has been our horrible sleeper is now sleeping from 7:30pm until 5am and our great sleeper is now waking two to three times a night.  It is a constant back and forth between them and I have just been lucky that when one is sleeping horribly the other is sleeping great.

We are about to transition them to their cribs in their room so I am ready for some sleepless nights for a few days.    

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

happened to my little guy too.

since about 3.5 months, he was sttn, then last week, it was like newborn scheduled again....im thinking its a growth spurt?

last night was better with a 7 then 5 hour stretch...one of the bigger problems we are having is he is leaking through his diaper always soaking his pjs and sheets...one downside of sleeping longer :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"