Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Pricing a used stroller (City Select)

A friend (not a close friend) is getting rid of her baby jogger City Select stroller. Purchased in Nov 2010, red color, in very good condition. The stroller retails for $500 + tax brand new, and sales bring it down to $450 on sites like pishposh/albeebaby/ebay, brand new. She is "open to offers". How much is a good price for it? Would love any pointers. 

[I already have a city mini gt, which i will be using as my primary car stroller, but for daily walks in the neighborhood I want to get the city select so baby can face me or outside. ] 

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pricing a used stroller (City Select)

• Forgot to add, I know she had it priced for $325 on craigslist, but it didnt sell yet (2-3 weeks now). So I know I can offer lower than 325. 
  • I buy a lot of furniture on craigslist, IMO anything sold second hand should be priced at no more than half the retail price. I think anywhere from $200-$250 is a fair offer.
  • Loading the player...
  • g8trkimg8trkim member
    imagelica001:
    I buy a lot of furniture on craigslist, IMO anything sold second hand should be priced at no more than half the retail price. I think anywhere from 200250 is a fair offer.

Ditto this. I was thinking like 200.

• They are between $350-$400 here used. Which is ridiculous. Do you have any consignment stores in your area? See what they are priced at there?
  • Thank you for your input! I picked it up from her for $200. It has some wear marks on the frame, but it is in perfect working condition otherwise. She also threw in a parent console (bob brand). I am quite happy with it, as I can now take my baby out for walks facing me, and without needing the car seat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"