LGBT Parenting

Ten Things Tuesday!!!

Yay!!! Share away!!!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!!!

• 2moms2b2moms2b member

1.  The boys have their 4 month appointment tomorrow?!??!  Where did the time go?

2.  I start my job next Wednesday and I am so excited.  

3.  Due to Memorial Day and starting a new job I get a 4 day weekend!  Too bad M has to work. 

4.  Week 3 of Paleo and still going strong.  I fit back into all my pre pregnancy clothes so now just to figure out how to tighten the mid section.

5.  I have been in tears numerous times this morning as I watch the news coverage.  I hugged my boys a little tighter last night and got some extra cuddle time this morning (took them to school late) just to tell them I love them.

6.  This is close to home and very humbling.  We aren't guaranteed anything in life so call your loved ones and tell them you love them, hug your kids, tell your belly, or send a silent prayer for your future children.   Dropping off the boys today was very hard as I didn't want to let them go.

7.  I think I am going to stop at 7 as I really can't think of anything else today right now.

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • 1. We are on vacation on the SC coast and having a great time.
    2. I am having a really hard time limiting my seafood and sweet tea consumption!
    3. We rented a beach house with friends and it has been really relaxing and fun.
    4. Still no pg symptoms. I hope that doesn't mean anything is wrong.
    5. On the other hand, I am thrilled not to feel crappy on vacation.
    6. It is SO steamy here. I could not survive a southern summer.
    7. Work has been crazy lately and I am so thrilled to have a break.
    8. I am out of things to say. Time to go stare at the ocean for a while!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • KH826KH826 member

1. Today is CD13 for me. No smiley yet on my OPK test, which I am happy about. Hoping to avoid a smiley tomorrow AM too, and I will do the trigger shot tomorrow night and IUI on Friday. My follicles were only at 17mm and 14.5mm at yesterday's u/s and I really hope they take a few more days to grow. I was expecting more growth since I am on Femara this cycle.

2. It is super humid here today, and I think my office has overcompensated by cranking up the AC, which is making me totally freezing at my desk. I have a little space heater running, but I am still freezing.

3. I am going to make spaghetti squash for dinner tonight for the first time. I am a little nervous. I hope we like it...

4. I am really looking forward to the long weekend ahead! We don't have any plans, and I am totally cool with that. We are going to work on some house projects, get caught up on some shows in our DVR, do some relaxing... I am looking forward to it!

5. If the IUI ends up being Friday, I am contemplating taking Friday off too, and then I will have a 4 day weekend! I am going to wait and see how the next day or two goes before I decide, but I am leaning towards doing that!

6. Last weekend we were in Boston for my little sister's prom, and my wife brought her new fancy camera that I bought her for her 30th Bday and she took a ton of really awesome pics. I am very proud of her - they all came out amazing. I know she would be interested in pursuing a possible photography business some day, so it was exciting to see her in action and see how wonderfully the photos came out.

7. For the first time in years we don't have a summer vacation planned because we wanted to save all money possible for TTC. It is hard to not have a vacation to look forward to, but we are doing little long weekends here and there and I am trying to look forward to those. It isn't quite the same though...

8. I am totally starving -- really glad it is almost lunch time! And really glad I brought soup today b/c it is soooo freezing in my office!

9. The weather is supposed to be really nice this weekend, so that makes me happy. I hope we can take the dog somewhere to run around a bit. That would make me even happier :)

10. I am glad I made it to 10 -- I wasn't sure I was going to! I am looking forward to reading everyone else's 10s!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • 1. 2moms2b, how in the world are those boys 4 months old already!?!?!

2. ball.and.chain - glad your vaca is going well and your pregnant lady symptoms are holding off so you can enjoy it!

3. KH hoping for no smileys and that you get to take your trigger shot as planned!

4.  I am apparently anxious about my surgery on Friday as I've had some very colorful anxiety dreams. Last night's had my RE presenting us with a $28K bill for our FET (which is more like $4K I think) and also insisting we put in 2 embryos (which we've all agreed to 1 already). Then we headed home in our 2-seater airplane that J was flying (my RE is a 5 min drive), and stuff kept falling out of the plan, and we had to land and pick it up so we didn't get fined for littering. Yep, apparently anxious.

5. I think I've been a little less hopeful lately about our FET, even though I've been surrounded by some awesome BFPs here and on the Third Party Repro board where I spend a lot of time. Maybe after my little surgery I'll feel uppity about it again.

6. It got super cold and rainy overnight. Definitely a "Seattle Day" today - flip flops and shorts were not appropriate garb for my morning 1-block-walk-to-coffee. Brrr!

7. Last night we went to see a movie in the Seattle International Film Festival which is always a fun few weeks here. It was a documentary about the band 'The National', who we totally love, The director is the brother of the lead singer, and he was here, took questions, etc. Always fun to meet the filmmaker.

8. Speaking of The National's new album came out today. Swoon. So moody and yummy.

9. My diet has been falling apart. I don't know why I can be so good for 2-3 weeks and then I go to pot. (Well, not literally pot...) - but trying to regroup today a bit.

10. My sister is in Manila right now for work. It's funny I helped her get hired at my company and in my last job, I had to go to Manila a lot. And now she is at my favorite hotel there and doing what I used to do there. I never felt unsafe there, but I am protective of her and worry a little when she is away.

Sorry for the downer ending! Snap out of it 2mamaz!

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Glad to hear everyone's updates! ball.and.chain I'm happy you are having a good vacation! Don't let that pgal brain get you...I still feel nothing and all u/s and tests indicate everything is fine. 2mamaz, fx for your surgery on Friday! I think you can count on getting KU after that! 2moms, I cant imagine the exciting times with 2 four month olds!!!

1. The power and network are down at work, so this is a good time for TTT.
    2. I had the big meeting with the big boss lady and it went ok. She kept it light and polite and indicated she had already gone to HR to discuss her legal rights as a manager re: my maternity leave and that I should do the same. She said she expects me to get all the legal info and then come back with a plan for how my work will be covered when I am gone. Fine. At the end she said she is happy for me, which is nice.
    3. I realize I edited myself a lot in the above, taking out my emotions because I know I am hormonal. I feel a lot of pressure from her in general, and she admits to being particularly hard on me as opposed to other staff. I'm still stressed about the pregnancy being viable, being too low on progesterone, and causing myself undo stress.
    4. I ate my lunch at 11am again today. Just can't seem to make it to noon.
    5. When I say I feel nothing in my pregnancy, I only feel moody and hungry. But now I can't remember a time ever when I was not moody and hungry. I guess I should be grateful for never having been sick even once.
    6. I just tried to make an appointment with HR since there is nothing else I can do right now. They said they were too busy, which doesn't make sense because their power is out too!
    7. Im going to a national park this weekend and we are staying in a cabin rather than a tent. Yay!
    8. I have so much to do before I leave for my wedding. I'm really annoyed that I can't get any work done.
    9. I'm grateful for my phone, and that I can connect this way!
    10. Tomorrow I get to tell one of my friends at lunch that I am pregnant. She is 8 months now and struggled with TTC for 2 years, so I know she will understand how happy I am!
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • ManadaManada member

imagemollykelley:
    2. I had the big meeting with the big boss lady and it went ok. She kept it light and polite and indicated she had already gone to HR to discuss her legal rights as a manager re: my maternity leave and that I should do the same. She said she expects me to get all the legal info and then come back with a plan for how my work will be covered when I am gone. Fine. At the end she said she is happy for me, which is nice.

Wow MK!   I don't know about you, but I DEFINITELY would have interpreted a conversation like this as hostile.  Sounds like she is being less than supportive of a maternity leave.    I know I'm a bit spoiled in Canada - but when it comes to the mat leave we're entitled to it's up to the employer to figure out how everything will be covered when we're gone - as opposed to it being something that should stress YOU out.  Yikes!

I really hope she comes around more!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• 1. I feel a little bad that I only post on TTT.  I guess its because we are not currently TTC, so I don't have much to update on anything else.

2. Tomorrow is our second home meeting with our social worker to become foster parents.  We are getting so close!!!

3. Our roommate is now in a nursing home after being in the hospital for two weeks.  She had part of her left foot amputated and will take awhile to heal.  So we are moving forward with packing up her things and putting them in storage while she is in the nursing home.  She now qualifies for medicaid and is getting assistance in housing  when she gets out of the nursing home.  We cannot continue to support her or let her keep her stuff here.  We want foster babies!!

4. Tomorrow evening is going to be difficult with the social worker.  It is the home visit where they go over your entire history.  They pretty much ask you about your entire life since you were born.  I don't like hashing up childhood stuff.  Also my DW was molested as a child and had a lot of bad stuff happen to her.  We have both been through a lot of therapy and I am not looking forward to talk about all of it again.

5. I am excited about this weekend because we are babysitting a friends 6 week old little boy.  He is sweet and so tiny and cute.  

6. My mom's wedding is less than 2 months away and I haven't asked her about it and I have no idea what I am going to wear.

7. I wish we had a vacation planned this summer :-(

8. My sister is moving in next door, this weekend.  Since she moved back from PA in December we have been getting along really great.  I am excited for her to be living so close.  She is over at our house all the time as it is because she hates living with my mom.....go figure.

9. I should be cleaning but instead I am doing this!  haha

10. I love hearing all of your updates!!  Keep them coming! 

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• I haven't done a TTT in a while! I love reading everyone's updates!!!

1. We are on CD14 and just waiting for the positive OPK.
    2. I am dreading another TWW but also excited about the possibility of a BFP!
    3. After our HSG last week I am feeling more positive which has been great!
    4. We told my parents last week and they have been so positive and supportive.
    5. Last weekend we went up to Put In Bay with my family and it went really well!
    6. This weekend we are going to KY to see C's family for Memorial Day...I am excited to hang out and relax in the sun by the pool!
    7. I have been so exhausted today...I hope I'm not getting sick!
    8. I have been keeping the air running like crazy in our house...I'm a little afraid of our electric bill next month...
    9. There are several movies I have been wanting to see that are finally out on video...I need a day to curl up on the couch and watch movies!
    10. We think we've found THE house for us and I'm really excited to start the process!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• 1. We're moving this week. Currently coordinating our jobs with delivery people, repair people and painters. Whew! I'll be thankful when the bulk of it will be finished over the weekend.

2. I'm feeling the baby more and more. So cool. It's still a novelty at this poor and I'm enjoying that.

3. We had our anatomy scan on Thursday and the lady said the baby was very very active.

4. Our report came back great wih the doctor of course throwing in that we had a 3 chance of something still being wrong.... Thanks

5. In job news it's been stressful but good. I'm sitting for my first certification exam tomorrow morning. Here's hoping. They say most people fail. I work for a tech software company so I have to have 5 certifications eventually

6. Excited to get into the house. My desk is delivered tomorrow!

7. I'm thinking about all the people who have experience all types of losses this week due to storms. Nature is so scary and uncontrollable sometimes.

8. Just feeling blessed today.

9. Stressed about money moving and having a baby will do that to a person!

10. Sending thoughts and love out to all of you ttc and Esp 2 mamaz for your surgery on Friday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. I'm so excited for my baseball tournament this weekend. We are going to Baltimore for it and I love playing in that tournament.

2. I'm a bit anxious about my lap on June 3 but also excited.

3. I hope that if all goes well on the third we will be able to get back to TTC

4. We did our enGAYgement photos on Monday and I'm looking forward to seeing them.

5. Our landlord approved our request to change to a month to month lease instead of signing another year lease. I'm very relieved about that.

6. I'm still waiting to hear about a possible contract position for this summer. I hope that pans out.

7. Three weeks from tomorrow my family shows up for our Love party!

8. M is going to be gone all week next week teaching a class.

9. I'm going to miss her but am glad to have some time alone to try to get a lot of work done on my dissertation chapter.

10. As per 1, 2, 7, 8, and 9, these next few weeks are going to be very busy! Thank goodness we don't have to decide about moving too!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"