Maryland Babies

Any Mom's to be over 35?

Greerings,

New to the group :) I am 36 years old and expecting our first! We are 4 weeks pregnant and I was wondering if there were other Moms in the DMV area who are older than 35 and expecting.

Thank you! and be well!

Re: Any Mom's to be over 35?

• ras26ras26 member
    I'm not, but I wanted to say congrats and let you know there is a national board (should show up on the left side of your screen, specifically for "pregnant after 35." I don't know how active it is, but you might find some great resources over there.
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations!!  My due date for my last was one week before my 35th birthday.  I couldn't imagine having started with the babies much earlier than I did.  Lots of life got lived in my 20s that couldn't have happened with babies in tow. ;)
    lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm due 2 weeks before my 35th birthday with my first too. Where are you all located?
  • I'm 38, will turn 39 about 7 weeks after this one is born. I had DS 6 days before my 36th birthday.

You're not alone!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Emergency ileostomy 11/28/10, CF dx on 12/3/10 and ileostomy takedown 1/24/11, feeding tube placed 7/1/11...still going strong! Little one lost 5w5d, 5/27/2012. CP 8/26/2012
  • Thank you Ras26! I will certainly look into it! Thanks much! And what a cute picture of your near 2 year old! :)
  • Thanks, Ragdolls! Exactly my reason for waiting as well! We hope to get a trip to Venice in before the end of my second Trimester.. other than that now was the perfect time! I feel settled and almost finished Grad school so can focus on my family more and work. Just when I was feeling mid-way middle aged, life started all over again! Whoo hoo!
  • Owings Mills, New Town area.. You?
  • Thank you, Ivnbraves!  I notices some Barnes and Noble books that had pregnancy books for women over 35... glad I am not alone :)
  • Due to medical reasons I was adviced to be finished having kids by 35.  My daughter was born just before I turned 33 and my son right before I turned 35.  Kids are 3 and 1 now.

There are quite a few of us here that are in our mid 30's with babies.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Hi, I'm new to the group too! I am 35 and expecting my first baby. I'm 10 weeks pregnant, happy, nervous, and a little overwhelmed!

• Hi there!

You are not alone!  I just turned 39 and I'm pregnant with my first. I'm sure the support we will have in this group will be really helpful. 

When are you due?

• I'm going to be 42 when my baby boy is born in November. He's the first boy after 5 sisters :
  • I am! I am 37 and expecting my first. If my peanut comes when he/she is supposed to I will be 38.  :( So far my pregnancy has been a true blessing and I've had no issues/sickness. Let's hope this continues!!

Hope all is going well with you!

Kelly

• I'm wondering how everyone's pregnancies are going along? I hope very well. I'm on the downhill slope to 35 and we just started trying... And hope to have more than one. Like others have said, lots of life has led us to finally be ready to expand our family (beyond animals, ha). Did anyone have any issues TTC?
  • I am 39 with my first and am due to deliver a couple weeks before 40! I don't know if I truly had trouble TTC or just wasn't timing it right. Had an HSG exam and was preggars 2 wks later (even though we had JUST decided to wait a few mths).

Because of my age & fibroid history (myomectomy last yr) I have to have an u/s every mth at an advanced fetal care Ctr to monitor the little one.

Wishing you much success and congratulations!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"