Pregnant after 35
Options

When will interesting food cravings come?

Except for a chocolate and peanut cravings (which I might not be able to attribute to pregnancy at all), all I have are food aversions, especially to the smells of many foods.

I want my pregnancy experience to include some desperate 3AM grocery store trips for weird food combos like sardines, pickles, and rye bread with strawberry ice cream.

When will the late night food cravings arrive?    

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When will interesting food cravings come?

• Options
    AmyM72AmyM72 member
    I am still waiting for that too, I've been eating more eggs and milk than usual, but so far nothing outrageous has struck me either.
    About me:AMA 41 BFP 8/1/12 EDD 4/8/12 Found no Heartbeat 9/5/12 D&C 9/12/12

BFP 12/13/12 EDD 8/22/13 Lilah Ruby born 8/8/13

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/zdSMm7.png
  • Options
    I'm suddenly craving all manner of beef products. This is so out if character for me. I was vegetarian for nearly a decade and usually prefer small amounts of fish or chicken. Now fish is limited and chicken makes me want to barf. It's not pickles and ice cream, but me eating a steak is pretty close.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AbeilleAbeille member
    I've never had cravings....I've definitely had aversions though.
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Options

I never had any of those "I have to have that right now" kind of cravings with my first.  With this one,a couple weeks ago I wanted Raisin Bran so bad and DH wouldn't go and get it for me that I started to cry.  Darn hormones!   He got it for me the next day.   haha

But nothing weird or out of the ordinary.    I guess it could still happen

January siggy challenge: winter weather fails

• Options
    Geeps2Geeps2 member

I never got crazy food cravings with my 1st I just wanted Pop Tarts in the worst way.  I never caved and actually bought them but I sure did want them.  With this pregnancy I assume it will follow the same as last.  I crave certain foods but nothing crazy.  Maybe it's just in the movies? Who knows!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageGeeps2:

I never got crazy food cravings with my 1st I just wanted Pop Tarts in the worst way.  I never caved and actually bought them but I sure did want them.  With this pregnancy I assume it will follow the same as last.  I crave certain foods but nothing crazy.  Maybe it's just in the movies? Who knows!

Maybe it is just in the movies. ...my good friend describes wanting chocolate milk so badly that she drank a quart in the store and was in tears of joy as she paid the cashier. :>   Stories like these crack me up! 

• Options
    I think I just arrived: I just ate a can of sardines in Louisiana hot sauce followed by a half rosemary garlic artichoke...

• Options
    I never had them with my first.  I think it was because I had ms the entire time.  I feel pretty good this time around so maybe I will get dh to do some late night runs for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I started getting strong cravings in 2nd tri. Like wanting something so bad its hard to focus on anything else. Nothing really strange though. The biggest change for me is craving meat, specifically fast food cheeseburgers. I was a vegetarian for 18 years prior to this pregnancy!
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    EmbilEmbil member
    At almost 25W I haven't had any major cravings beyond wanting ice cream or cheese. I'm thinking I just need more calcium. The other night I really did want cake, but it wasn't life or death.
  • Options
    kje120kje120 member
    I never had any weird/late night cravings during my pregnancy with DS and haven't this time either.  To be honest I've always rolled my eyes at the "I just had to have it right now" posts that I've seen from people because I don't understand it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I definitely have aversions, but no strong cravings. I tend to have more of a salt tooth vs sweet and it has been amplified with pregnancy. There is one odd one I want pickles and I hate pickles.
  • Options
    I cried last week when they left the corn cob off my take away chicken order. I SO wanted a corn cob. That must have been a craving I don't usually cry over vegetables ":"
  • Options
    I love that you cried over corn or the cob! :>
  • Options
    I've had more aversions than cravings. First tri the thought of milk turned my stomach and I had to get vitamin D supplements. Since hitting second I've wanted a bowl of cold cereal every morning and now my vitamin D is testing fine! With DS and this one, my appetite has drastically reduced and I get full realky quick. Maybe the way I carry? This is DH first and he's actually a little disappointed I haven't asked him for any 2am grocery store runs. So if any of you are in the Hampton Roads area of Va and need a midnight runner, let us know! :
    Mom to DS - 9/24/2005 Ectopic Pregnancy - 5/7/2012 Miscarriage - 12/13/2012. Mom to DD - 9/13/2013
  • Options
    I haven't had any cravings yet, but I have wanted everything I see on TV or hear about in conversation. DH says he can't wait for the late night runs so he can eat too! LOL
  • Options
    Mine were only in the beginning (8-13 weeks) when I could eat nothing but juicy fruits (like oranges, watermelon - not banana or apples which weren't juicy enough!). And eggs.

I don't crave anything unusual anymore, except maybe ice cream a little bit.

What I noticed more and continue to notice are things I used to like that now gross me out (coffee in the beginning, chicken in the beginning, and very sugary things - throughout).
  • Options
    I am definitely having aversions.  I am NOT a vegetarian, but I do not want meat.... I can tolerate more processed meats like ground beef, but the thought of eating steak or grilled chicken turns my stomach. :-&   Not like me at all!
    I am craving frozen yogurt and ice cream, but that just may be a by product of being in Texas in the summer.  :))  I am also craving beans and rice, so my normal affinity for TexMex has been amplified.  I called my mom who lives nearby to beg her for a big pot of her pinto beans.  She cooks them with onion and seasonings all day long with a little salt pork (just for flavoring... you remove it before eating), and we always had it served over rice.  OMG I almost cried when she said she would make me a huge pot of it to take home.  I can't WAIT to dig in!!!!  =P~   I have some brown rice I need to cook up in anticipation.
    I'm wondering if I'm craving rice and beans BECAUSE of the meat aversion.  Besides meat, there are only a couple of complete proteins out there such as soybeans and whey.  There is plenty of protein in veggies, but they apparently they only represent partial proteins.  However, I have been told that beans and rice paired together is also a complete protein... so maybe that's why!
  • Options
    This is my 4th viable pregnancy and I've never had weird cravings with any of them. Each pregnancy brought about food aversions (I still can't stand yellow mustard and that's from my 1st pregnancy 11 years ago!!)..
  • Options
    I'm craving gyros from one particular restaurant that is pretty far away. I tried a local place but the sauce just isn't the same.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"