March 2013 Moms
Options

Mother's Day

Does anyone have plans or know what they are doing or getting?

I apparently ruined my present. I made an appt at the chiropractor. Apparently my husband was going to call and make me an appt for my Mother's Day present.... Pretty glad I ruined it because i don't need something big but calling and making an appt at the chiropractor is not what I want. If he called and made an appt for a massage that's one thing.

Maybe I will call and schedule an oil change for him for Father's Day.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Mother's Day

• Options
    We're going to my DH's parents house for a long weekend. I'm not expecting anything. I did make a cute little keepsake plate for the grandmothers from LO.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My mother and MIL attend the same church. We will probably go to theor service rather than our own church so that everyone will be together. Depending on the weather I would expect a day of visiting our grandmothers as well.

Our anniversary is Sat and DH's birthday is right at Father's Day. So, we usually take the kids to buy cards for Mother and Father's day and teach them to give of their time on that day rather than gifts. Sometimes this includes breakfast in bed, a special dinner perpared by the kids and DH...or I. I would prefer and nice message by dh, the dishes washed, my car detailed, or him taking the kids so I can have a bath and a nap over a gift anyday! Plus, since these cost time and not money I can get them more often!

We do presents for birthdays only...and then it's usually a night away with a nice dinner. We don't even give Christmas presents to one another.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kota26Kota26 member

I am getting a baby weeping willow tree!!

We just bought a house in April and soon I shall look out my kitchen window and remember my first mothers day Smile

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would settle for just a card even lol. Just something cute since its my first one
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageKota26:
    I am getting a baby weeping willow tree!! We just bought a house in April and soon I shall look out my kitchen window and remember my first mothers day [:]
    I love weeping willows!

DH ordered me a double jogging stroller.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    KMac570KMac570 member
    My husband keeps asking me what he should get his mother for Mother's Day, and talking about how she would like to spend the day (brunch, etc).  We are going to visit her.  I don't think he has even turned his mind to the fact that I'm a mother now too.  :(
    Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
  • Options
    I have a necklace with "birthstone kid" charms for my older kids so I asked dh to try to find something similar to add LO to it.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    dawnj08dawnj08 member
    I'm sorry but this made me chuckle. Men are so clueless. My bday was last week and I was so excited for my first "happy birthday mommy" card. Of course DH didn't think of it though. But he did take DSs hand and helped him write me a bday message in the card from my hubby which is pretty darn cute. But I'm not expecting anything huge this Sunday. The women in my family go to a brunch every year though so it will nice to be there as a mom this year :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I pretty much plan my own Mother's Day and tell DH what he's expected to do.

I ordered a pearl mother's necklace (I love pearls!). It came in last week and DH hid it away. Though I know what it'll look like in general, I haven't actually seen it in person, so there is some element of surprise left and I am very excited to see it/wear it.

Saturday afternoon, we're going out to lunch at my favorite restaurant as a family.

Saturday night, DH will be taking our LOs to the store to pick out a couple extra treats for me (probably chocolate strawberries and some flowers). 

Sunday morning, we'll be on our way to church and then I'll be having my favorite dinner that night and skyping with my mom (and will try to skype with MIL too).

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    A few weeks ago I was trying to decide if I wanted to go to my little cousin's dance recital because it's on Mother's Day every year and now that I'm a mom to my own child, I didn't know if I wanted to spend 3 hours of my day away from my DH and kids just to watch a recital. DH was all for it because the recital is in the city an hour away and he said he was wanting to get me into the city for Mother's Day but didn't say why.

Yesterday I was still humming and hawing about it because I have to pick up tickets to it in advance. DH told me to go if I want to and that it could be a nice way to get away for some "me" time. So that's when I reminded him that he said he had wanted to get me into the city.

It seems like he forgot he wanted to do that so I have no idea what we're doing. I think we're going to go to the city. I'll watch the recital while DH and the kids find something to do and then maybe we'll go for dinner or something?

I was really hoping to get a necklace of some sort. DH bought me a beautiful necklace for our first Christmas and I used to wear it daily. However, the chain is very fragile and has broken and been replaced many times over the years. It broke in September and we haven't been able to find a good replacement for it since. I feel naked without it. I was hoping DH would find me a new chain or maybe get me one of those personalized mom pendant and chains. Something with the kids' initials or something. I haven't put the idea in his head though. I hate asking for things or making suggestions so I'll probably just buy my own someday.
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"