Minnesota Babies
Options

Lifetime Fitness childcare and swim lessons

I checked Lifetime fitness a while ago and really liked the club/options, but decided to join Corepower yoga instead which I love!. Now that I'm due with my first I'm looking at gym/ options again with a baby in mind.

How is the childcare at Lifetime? Would I feel comfortable leaving an infant there?

Also, has anyone done infant swim lessons at Lifetime? Do they cost a lot extra? Are they good with babies? I've heard great things about Foss, but if we can do everything in one place that seems easier.

I'm also wondering if the outdoor pools are the type of place I might "hang out" with a little one during the days over the summers". Or are they strictly for exercise/lessons?

We'd probably go to the Eden Prairie or Chanhassen locations.

Re: Lifetime Fitness childcare and swim lessons

• Options
    cltk12cltk12 member
    My sister goes to EP lifetime and takes her kids to child care and really likes them. I don't think you can take them there til 12 weeks tho.  Personally, I don't think I would have left my baby there that young, but imdidntmgo back to work til 5 months and hadn't done daycares yet.  They love the pool too in the summer and in the winter go to the Chan pool. Not sure on swim lessons at lifetime, but foss is pretty expensive. We did infant lessons at chaska community this winter and it was good. Not really lessons at that age...just get in and get them use to the water, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Andie41Andie41 member

We belong to the Plymouth Lifetime. We signed up in April and they informed us that this was good because childcare costs are going from $8/month/kid to $20/month/kid starting May 1st for new members. Yikes!! I love Lifetime, but that would have been prohibitively expensive for us with two kids. I don't know if this is all clubs though, or just this one. 

That said, we've liked it so far. The childcare is great and the facilities are excellent. As the PP said, the babies do have to be 12 weeks (well, actually 3 months which is sometimes not the same thing). I felt fine leaving my 3 monther there, especially since it's only for an hour or so. He swings and looks around Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mnnicemnnice member
    like pps have said they have to be 3 months to go to childcare, we had a membership at Chanhassen I really liked it there and the childcare.  Swimming lessons were an additional $40 and thats for a month you can also do individual lessons that are a little more expensive, we never took swimming so I don't know how good they are.
  • Options
    I go to either plymouth or maple grove and have been fine with their daycares. Each club seems to have different rules tho, one said i could bring a bottle and they would feed and the other said they cant. It is separated from the older kids so theyre a lil safer and not getting trampled on. One thing that hasnt been mentioned is that under age 1 u have to make an appointment. I liked it because it forced me to go but was a pain if i wanted to work out in the morning and they didnt have an opening. The outside pools are definitwly a place u could just lounge around at
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"