March 2013 Moms
Options

At home workout

I am desperate to tone up and lose a few pounds! I can't afford a gym membership but want to be able to work out. I am NOT a runner, and while I do try to walk with baby at least a few times a week, it's just not the same as a good work out. I SO miss going to the gym every day.

Do you ladies have any suggestions for any good at home workouts or videos? I am not a fan of yoga but am open to anything that tones everything up, especially my tummy, thighs, and butt. I had a c section 10 weeks ago and still feel sore, but I have been cleared for exercise. Please help me! I am so depressed when I look at my body. I had gotten down to 120 but am back up to 125 and want to stop this downward spiral.
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Re: At home workout

• Options
    Just started 30 day shred and it's kicking my butt aka reminding me of the many group muscles I've neglected in the past year. I also started jogging last week I used to, lots, and am picking up a weekly yoga class. Those extra 20 lbs better melt off fast!!
  • Options
    I have done the firm videos for years and did them throughout my pregnancy. I just started insanity this week, but I don't think you'd be ready since you've had a c section and are still sore. Whichever videos you decide on, definitely get them used on amazon! It's a great way to save some money. Working out at home is so awesome though bc you don't have to waste time traveling to and from the gym, can have your LO nearby and it's so much cheaper! GL! Ps I saw your pics with your sweet Ella and you look amazing!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Any Jillian Michaels video will probably do the trick. The 30 day shred is a good one to start with - they're 20-25 minutes long and there are 3 levels. Each level/part does strength for 3 minutes, cardio for 2 and abs for 1. And there are 3 rounds for each level.

I recently bought Lindsay Brin's Pretty Fierce workout DVD set on babysteals (last week). It's a series of 8 DVD's and it's made for moms. I've heard it compared to Insanity, but not *quite* as intense.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    Zumba is fun, you can even find tons of dances on You Tube.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Personally I like Jillian michaels. I plan to use 30 day shred once I am oked at my 6 week PP. 
  • Options
    KMac570KMac570 member
    This is totally 80s, but I recommend step videos.  If you get a proper step and some good videos (happy to make some recommendations), it can be a wicked workout, particularly for your thighs and butt. It's great cardio.  I did it for years before I took up running.
    Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
  • Options
    I've started the 30 day shred...for a 25 min workout, it's awesome! You definitely feel it.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I've never done well with videos. I use a gazelle and I bought a jump rope for cardio. I also do the basics for toning up. Push ups, squats, leg lifts, crunches and I use free weights for arms.

To me it's easier to jump rope for ten minutes while baby is sleeping than try to find the time for a full video. I'd have to stop and start too many times to get through it.
  • Options
    30 day shred and 6 week 6 pack Jillian michaels!
  • Options
    I've started the 30 day crunch and squat challenge. Don't waste any money just google the charts and do them while baby is nappy. Free and extremely effective. Within 2 weeks if not less you'll be seeing results.

If you do this, let me know how it works for you
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageMillerMama13:
    I've never done well with videos. I use a gazelle and I bought a jump rope for cardio. I also do the basics for toning up. Push ups, squats, leg lifts, crunches and I use free weights for arms. To me it's easier to jump rope for ten minutes while baby is sleeping than try to find the time for a full video. I'd have to stop and start too many times to get through it.

Freaking awesome idea! I have an elliptical but I hadn't begun using it since I've been cleared for exercise because I'd hate to start a good workout and have to stop in the middle and start back over. It's totally mental for me. For some reason stopping a jump rope session seems a lot more effortless!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"