Homeschooling
Options

Would you go?

The Virginia homeschool convention is FREE to moms of pre-schoolers (ie. kids not in school - they don't necessarily have to be preschool age) if it's your first convention.

I have thought about going - but my DS is only 17 months, so maybe I'm getting ahead of myself?  I am SO excited about homeschooling in the future!  I can hardly wait.

Should I go this year (would you)?  Or wait until DS is a bit older and we're closer to the time of it happening? 

SAHM to Eli, born 11.26.11

Re: Would you go?

• Options

It doesn't hurt to go! It's good to research and familiarize yourself with what's available; I don't think it's ever too early for that. :) Just don't spend a ton of money on schoolbooks, hehe!

If the thought of it excites you I'd go for it. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • Options
    I am in Charlotte, Nc and was thinking of going this year! If you are close I would totally go, but so sad for me it is a 6 hour drive :(

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are in Charlotte, NC too!!!  But my family is 1 1/2 hours from the convention - so we might make a longer trip out of it.  How fun that you're in Charlotte too!!  We just moved here last September!  
    SAHM to Eli, born 11.26.11
  • Options

I went when my daughter was 5 months (maybe 6??) old.
    I didn't hesitate to let people know she was my oldest.

I don't have any home school background, so going to the convention really opened my eyes to a lot of stuff/key words.  Now when I'm researching different things online or am part of a conversation, I have a basis for exactly to what they are referring.

I found it beneficial even though DD is no where close to needing anything the vendors sell...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMarymak07:
    We are in Charlotte, NC too!!!  But my family is 1 1/2 hours from the convention - so we might make a longer trip out of it.  How fun that you're in Charlotte too!!  We just moved here last September!  

Hey! Our sons within a week of each other for age. I am going to PM you! 

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • Options
    I would go.  It wouldn't hurt to get some ideas early.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"