March 2013 Moms
Options

Really? Mother's Day and ILs...

DH and I just booked vacation with our LO. DH was telling FIL about, and when we leave... Mother's Day... His response.... It's your first Mother's Day and his nana (mil) won't get to see him!

wtf, really?!? Last time I checked I was LOs mother and its my day!

I'm hoping to start a tradition to always be away on vacation for Mother's Day. 

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
imageimage

Re: Really? Mother's Day and ILs...

• Options
    Isn't there an actual Grandparents Day? Maybe do something that day... Mother's Day is yours!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, that completely sounds like something my MIL would say...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Uhg! I know I'm hoping DH doesn't suggest we go to the IL on Mothers Day I want it to all just us and our little family!
  • Options
    So your DH won't see his Mom on Mother's Day? Ouch. 
  • Options

imageshibby00:

Just because she's a grandmother doesn't mean she now must forfeit all motherly festivities. She's still a mother, and I think it's a little harsh to be upset with her. It's not outrageous that she'd expect to get to see her son and grandchild on Mother's Day. It actually makes sense to me. 

PP suggested grandparent's day which you could celebrate with the ILs. Or maybe you could get together with them the weekend after? 

Sorry to pull this card, but I *wish* my son's grandmother wanted to see him on Mother's Day. Or ever, for that matter. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    tilsonctilsonc member
    Maybe schedule something with her the weekend after? My MIL is coming into town a few days after mothers day to watch LO so we can go out for our anniversary. She is staying through the weekend and we are going to take her out for brunch to celebrate. 
  • Options

imageshibby00:

its actually dh's step mom I'm referring to in this; his mom lives in the US, so we don't often see her on Mother's Day. 

imageimage
  • Options

imagetilsonc:
    Maybe schedule something with her the weekend after? My MIL is coming into town a few days after mothers day to watch LO so we can go out for our anniversary. She is staying through the weekend and we are going to take her out for brunch to celebrate. 

She only lived 10 minutes away - we see her ALL the time. Not really looking for any suggestions on what to, she's SOL as far as I'm concerned, I just couldn't believe that this was FILs first reaction. 

imageimage
  • Options
    tilsonctilsonc member
    imagehappy_un-bride:

imagetilsonc:

She only lived 10 minutes away - we see her ALL the time. Not really looking for any suggestions on what to, she's SOL as far as I'm concerned, I just couldn't believe that this was FILs first reaction. 

Eh, sounds like they might live a little too close!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"