September 2013 Moms
Options

Share your grays with me!

Wall colors, not hair ::mobile smiley:: I've got more than enough of those to go around!

It seems like a lot of us are using gray for the nursery walls. If you are, and have a specific color, please share! H and I are finding that getting a good gray is hard to come by. Too dark and it looks drab or depressing, too light and it looks off white. We've rolled on four samples onto our wall so far: Painters White, Burnished Clay, and Natural Grey from Behr, and Shaded Ice from Glidden. None are quite right.

Any tips, specific colors, or websites to share? TIA!
BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: Share your grays with me!

• Options
    LovenizLoveniz member
    I finally found the grey I wanted after at least 8 different samples....who knew it was this hard to find a good grey color. We went with Sherwin Williams Light French Gray, they also a lighter gray called Gray Screen 
    TTC #1 Since Oct 2011
    BFP #1 4/29/12 m/c 5/18/12 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/28/12 EDD 5/10/13 MC 9/22/12 at 6w4d
    BFP #3 12/31/12 EDD 9/12/13

Me Dx: DOR   DH: all tests normal
    Our Pretty Little Nest Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We used Harbor Gray from Benjamin Moore and it looks great! Compared to other grays, it's definitely gray. No hint of blue or green or anything like that. It's also light enough that it's not dark and depressing, but not too light either. I love it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have grays by SW all over my house. I think one of the medium shades is gray clouds. A very soft/lighter shade that almost looks white until you get it on the wall is big chill. I never knew how difficult it could be to pick gray! They come in so many undertone varieties. I primed a board and got samples of all my top picks to test them out first. That might be extreme measures for just a nursery though. Here they are side by side. However, it color may vary by computer screen. gray clouds left and big chill rightimagenbsp;
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Cleo421Cleo421 member
    You ladies are awesome! I'm getting all of those samples tomorrow, thanks!

Pp, your walls look beautiful! Looks like you have a gorgeous home. Thanks for sharing!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Juicy71Juicy71 member
    We're doing purple and gray and I believe we're going with Lilac Bouquet for the purple and Lavender Cloud for the gray - both Glidden.
    Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
    Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
    Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
    EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    We have Martha Stewart Nimbus Cloud gray. 
  • Options
    I thought you were wanting to know what actors could be my Christian Gray's. Haha!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We bought Behr Silver Lining (gray). It's light, but I think it will look great on the walls and then I am doing some darker gray chevron accents along with aqua accents. We are also doing a light aqua wall (cool jazz-by Behr)...the two colors looked great together!
  • Options
    eyriseyris member
    I did Martha Stewart in Sharkey Grey from Home Depot, but I ordered it at 50% of the formula so it was lighter.  I love it, just a really nice warm grey, but definitely not white.
    My little guy!  Everett Richard born 9/3/13

• Options
    imageJuicy71:
    We're doing purple and gray and I believe we're going with Lilac Bouquet for the purple and Lavender Cloud for the gray both Glidden.

This is our theme as well. Are those colours from Benjamin Moore or some other brand?
    Btw as far as this little ones room goes that's all we know. Purple and Gray with butterflies. Having difficulties puttin all that together...
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

Mine are Dorian Grey and Mindful Grey by Sherwin Williams. They are warmer, but definitely grey. Couldn't mistake them for blue, green or purple. We also like BM Coventry Grey and BM Revere Pewter, but they weren't quite right for our room. Grey is hard. Sherwin Williams also has a color consultant who will come to your house and give you advice for free, but you have to buy a $75 gift card. We just painted our entire house, so that wasn't an issue for us, but for a nursery that might be too much to have to spend.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageRunningGal900:

Mine are Dorian Grey and Mindful Grey by Sherwin Williams. They are warmer, but definitely grey. Couldn't mistake them for blue, green or purple. We also like BM Coventry Grey and BM Revere Pewter, but they weren't quite right for our room. Grey is hard. Sherwin Williams also has a color consultant who will come to your house and give you advice for free, but you have to buy a $75 gift card. We just painted our entire house, so that wasn't an issue for us, but for a nursery that might be too much to have to spend.

I also went with Mindful Grey by Sherwin Williams for our nursery.  I tried tons of greys before I decided on that one.  Agree with PP, it is a true grey, not lilac or steely blue or taupe.  Also, it is a true gray in ALL lights.  When you are trying samples on your wall, check out the color during the day and at night.  I loved one color during the day, then at night it looked totally lilac.  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"