Parenting after a Loss
Options

She Said What?

Since we have had a lot of MIL posts lately-what annoying things have you had your MIL (or other annoying family member say) since you've become a mom?

TTC January 2010
BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks

Re: She Said What?

• Options
    There are wayyyyy to many but if I had to pick just one it has to be having my "family member" tell me that me being a SAHM is going to make DS anti-social and afraid of other people.  My IL's aren't very supportive of me not working let's just put it that way.

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart"

Our TTC Journey

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I'm a mom to my 4 angel babies who were taken from us much to soon!
    BFP#1 on 09/29/09 and EP discovered/Left Tube lost on 10/19/09 EDD 06/12/10
    BFP# 2 on 03/21/2010 EDD 11/30/10 Natural M/C on 3/27/10
    BFP# 3 on 02/14/2011 EDD 10/28/11 Missed M/C discovered 4/19/11 and D&C 4/21/11 On 5/6/11 we found out our Oct Angel was a beautiful little girl <3
    IVF#1=BFP#4 on 8/31/11 EDD 5/12/12 EP discovered and MTX shot given 9/14/ & 9/21 M/C on 10/9/11
    IVF#2 and Stims started 12/2 ER 12/16 ET 12/21 transferred two beautiful blastocysts. Please stick LO's! BFP 12/26
    Benjamin Matthew Our Little Miracle Born 9/5/2012!
    BFP 1/2/14 EDD 9/11/14

• Options

When asked if we were planning on more children, I lied and said, "probably" because I knew the crap I was going to get.

MIL's response: "Oh, thank God, most only children only have one and everyone NEEDS a sibling".

Keep in mind that I am the only she is referring to, and I am quite content without a sibling. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm playing too:

At my baby shower for DS she said "I hope this baby doesn't need glasses of have dyslexia" in front of my brother who is dyslexic.  You should have seen the faces on my brother & SIL. DH had to get glasses at 2-but he didn't hear her slam.

At the hospital when I was having DS "There will be a rump roast in the delivery room" to my mom and her DH.

When I was nursing DS she said "You should get your milk tested".

When I had concerns about her 2nd and 3rd hand smoke she sat DH down & told him "Smoking is not that bad-they used to do it in hospitals".  SHe aslo smoked the entire time she was pregnant with DH.

And my favorite......"Car seats are gimmicks". Hmm...last time I checked they were the law.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    MJM3108MJM3108 member
    imagebethanyreese:

I'm playing too:

At my baby shower for DS she said "I hope this baby doesn't need glasses of have dyslexia" in front of my brother who is dyslexic.  You should have seen the faces on my brother & SIL. DH had to get glasses at 2-but he didn't hear her slam.

At the hospital when I was having DS "There will be a rump roast in the delivery room" to my mom and her DH.

When I was nursing DS she said "You should get your milk tested".

When I had concerns about her 2nd and 3rd hand smoke she sat DH down & told him "Smoking is not that bad-they used to do it in hospitals".  SHe aslo smoked the entire time she was pregnant with DH.

And my favorite......"Car seats are gimmicks". Hmm...last time I checked they were the law.

WOW.... Just wow... You certainly won the MIL jackpot with her!

My MIL actually hasn't even bothered to come see her grandson since we came home from the hospital, and honestly I couldn't be happier about that fact! Although when she came to see LO in the hosital, she showed up less than 3 hours after he was born with like half her family! I was trying to pump and BF and she is in the hall with literally like 10 other people complaining that I wouldn't let them all in!!! WTF? She didn't even ask if she could come over to the hospital, let alone if she could bring 9 other people with her!

I don't mean to be mean, but she is so wacked in the head, I don't trust her around my child. She used to watch my SIL's kids and would smoke in the house with them in the house and get drunk while she was babysitting.... She's a real prize, ain't she?

PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
    You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
     Lilypie - (KAFM)

• Options
    imageMichbot12:

Yup, me too.  Apparently not working means I am not supporting her son.  Um, last I checked I have worked and supported her son through 3 lay offs from jobs and a move across country for a job in the 9 years we have been married.  She told her neighbors to call whenever they want to visit the baby because I "don't work anymore so I have all the time in the world...must be nice".  Apparently, caring for her granddaughter and let's face it, caring for her son, is no work at all and I lounge about all day, just waiting to receive more guests. 

Yup same here!  DH has been picking up a couple extra shifts here and there because our goal is to be debt free, accept for our mortgage, by this time next year.  My MIL insists that it's because I'm not working and we need the money.  She constantly makes comments that money must be tight and DH can never take a vacation because I chose not to go back to work.  In all actuality DH and I both decided this is what works best for our family.  They all think I sit around, watch tv, and play with the baby all day.  It's very frustrating! 

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart"

Our TTC Journey

BabyFetus Ticker

I'm a mom to my 4 angel babies who were taken from us much to soon!
    BFP#1 on 09/29/09 and EP discovered/Left Tube lost on 10/19/09 EDD 06/12/10
    BFP# 2 on 03/21/2010 EDD 11/30/10 Natural M/C on 3/27/10
    BFP# 3 on 02/14/2011 EDD 10/28/11 Missed M/C discovered 4/19/11 and D&C 4/21/11 On 5/6/11 we found out our Oct Angel was a beautiful little girl <3
    IVF#1=BFP#4 on 8/31/11 EDD 5/12/12 EP discovered and MTX shot given 9/14/ & 9/21 M/C on 10/9/11
    IVF#2 and Stims started 12/2 ER 12/16 ET 12/21 transferred two beautiful blastocysts. Please stick LO's! BFP 12/26
    Benjamin Matthew Our Little Miracle Born 9/5/2012!
    BFP 1/2/14 EDD 9/11/14

• Options

Surprisingly MIL is ok with keeping crazy comments to herself... the only thing that annoyed me was that when H was first born she was my little clone and MIL said every single day, i see Shaun in her... OMG we get it, no one is making a big deal about it except you! lol 

~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• Options
    imageBandEddie:
    I'm so sorry guys. This turned into a novel I'm at wits end. I've been staying with mine this week, and seriously, I want to beat her. She used to be my best friend. Now she's just that douchebag MIL that no one wants to visit. It sucks. The highlights:nbsp; "He'll eat when he's hungry" he's taking like 15 oz a day right now plus solids and I'm stressed the fluck out over it. "We just put cereal in their milk and burned the holes in the nipples larger with a needle." "I don't think it's reflux." "You're feeding him too fast." "You worry too much." "You're just like my mom" My mom, the crazy hoarder. Because I bought some baby food at BRU. A dozen, to be exact. We'll never go through that with 3 kids. What a friggin' stockpile.nbsp;nbsp; After saying I'd won a beautiful tall wood growth chart for 50 for a NH Public TV auction: "Oh... should I be happy?" Apparently she did not approve of my purchase. Because our finances are her business. "That's the worst I've ever seen anyone take a rotary" after telling me how to drive for hours. This resulted in us having a mini cat fight and her telling me "I'm trying to be the adult here." Fluck you lady. I have THREE BABIES. They are all fed, clean, clothed, and happy every day, even if I'm not. If that's not being a flucking adult then please hand me my juice and my lovey because it's nap time for me.nbsp; "I don't think that bathing the kids too much three times in a week, and 1/2 hour at a stretch the only help she honestly gives other than loading the occasional dishwasher is the cause of the eczemalike rash ALL over their faces and knees." I think it's drool rash. Or just because they're crawling.nbsp; In reference to the above because I got them eczema therapy lotion to clear up their rashes she says to MY mom: "Yeah did you ever use special cream on me when she was a baby? No? Yeah me either. We just used vaseline." ..............nbsp; Actually, how about just anything that starts with "When we were raising babies..." Back in the 80's. Enough said.nbsp;nbsp;And my personal favorite. "You'll find your groove eventually." ... about motherhood. FSCKKK YOUUUUU.nbsp;nbsp;

I was going to chime in with some of my MILs gems, but instead just want to offer you a hug, a strong drink, and the number of a good hit man. So sorry you've had to deal with that crap BandE.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    jertiejertie member
    After reading all of these posts I am officially grateful that my MIL lives clear across the country and that I only see her (maybe) once a year.  All of you women have my sympathies - yuck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    I was told "we all knew you'd end up with PPD. You tried so hard for so long, and you were eventually going to realize it's not as great as you thought." Um...thanks?

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    imagemrs.ike:
    I was told "we all knew you'd end up with PPD. You tried so hard for so long, and you were eventually going to realize it's not as great as you thought." Um...thanks?

What the whaaaat? That my friend, is worthy of both a TP and a kick to the groin. Who SAYS that??? FYI: my MIL suggested I get some "good drugs" when she suggested that she keep the girls overnight three weeks after their NICU discharge, and I told her they weren't old enough to stay away from home yet. Riiiight...and she wonders why I don't leave the kids with her alone?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    awesnapawesnap member

imagemrs.ike:

you win. I would have been taking out my earrings.. 

BFP CP 1/12/11 DD born 10/16/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"