May 2013 Moms
Options

We Did it Anyway!

2»

Re: We Did it Anyway!

• Options
    This isn't in response to the OP, but I have seen you (MTClaire) post before and I think it everytime, so I'm going to tell you this time - I think your children have the most beautiful names! I am looking forward to you sharing #3's name!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I drank soda occasionally, ate/eat lunch meat sandwiches almost twice a week and lifted the cots for my little students on a daily basis until I was placed on bed rest.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I stood on chairs and step stools when I needed to reach things. And I picked up the dog twice which I shouldn't have but she wouldn't move.
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
  • Options
    Ana0927Ana0927 member
    I haven't followed a single rule...I ate rare steak and steak tartar, sushi, runny poached eggs, all kinds of lunch meat, raw milk cheeses, lifted 50+ pounds, drank coffee, had wine, painted, the list goes on and on.
  • Options

imagelove.love:
    third time around I was much more relaxed about the "rules"

carried the older two around, drank coffee most days of the week, occasional 3rd tri red wine, sushi all the way through, and did bootcamp into 2nd tri.

Your maternity picture is gorgeous!

I've drank soda (full fat RED coca-cola), painted a room, lifted things over 25lbs, and been really crappy about taking my vitamins. The first trimester they made me nauseus and now I'm too "preggo-brained" to remember to take them!!? Oh, and I have had many (probably too hot) baths!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I went on a 12 hour flight at 24 weeksdr didn't really want me to be that far away but I havent had hardly any problems
    Usually if I went out to eat I'd get a soda.
    I am living off of pizza,subs and tacos sorry there are limited things I like to eat take them away and I can't eat at all
    All my salads had blue cheese on them but I'd ask first if it was pasteurized or not
    I haven't super with the prenatals but they STILL make me very sick.

I think so long as you don't do anythingin an excessive way like drinking and you don't smoke or do any illegals you don't have much to worry bout. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    I drank coffee after 12 weeks again. I also had continued to ride horses, and went ski dooing at Christmas time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    April!April! member
    I didn't know we were supposed to avoid medium rare steaks. Whoops. Add that to the list! I also had a Caesar salad one time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • Options
    ecgal87ecgal87 member
    Just curious why eating a caesar salad is a bad thing during pregnancy.  I never heard about that one.  Is it because they sometimes have feta cheese?

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    June 2010- Got married after 6 years of dating
    May 2013- Bennett was born
    Nov 2014- BFP! Due Date 7/27/2015

• Options
    April!April! member

imageecgal87:
    Just curious why eating a caesar salad is a bad thing during pregnancy.  I never heard about that one.  Is it because they sometimes have feta cheese?

I think it's because the dressing can be made with raw eggs. Most probably aren't these days, but they are traditionally.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • Options
    rebaannrebaann member

I had caffeine, nutrasweet, the occasional small glass of wine, soft serve ice cream and more hot dogs than you can shake a stick at.

ETA:  I forgot all about the over easy eggs and bacon.  I ate a ton of that, too.

My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

• Options

Lifted/Pulled more than I should have in first/second Tri. I seriously couldn't stand around and watch guys twice my size take twice as long to do something at work.

Ate feta

Drank coffee

Ate lunch meat

Ate over easy eggs

Took baths (I was told you can't take baths while pregnant...huh?)

<leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    jnedenjneden member
    I was good because I was afraid of something bad happening so the only thing I ate bad were over medium eggs and Ranch dressing. I am really craving a cup of coffee right now though!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    burkemsburkems member

maybe I should save this for FFFC....I snorted coke a couple times (I waited until third tri though...I needed the energy!) OMG, did that get baby moving!! It was cray cray!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • Options
    imageburkems:

maybe I should save this for FFFC....I snorted coke a couple times (I waited until third tri though...I needed the energy!) OMG, did that get baby moving!! It was cray cray!

Somehow I am picturing you with a can of coke and a straw up your nose.

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    burkemsburkems member
    imageslweaver0626:
    imageburkems:

Somehow I am picturing you with a can of coke and a straw up your nose.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.posterous.com/timmmii/qjHzdDCcguJinwAktqmbksrwFBbuDGHnysCFpJxllodAnngiGlHbdxgJJzBv/media_httpcdn0knowyourmemecomi1569originalsnortingcokejpg1240906811_mBxaCmuIJBCpbwl.jpg.scaled1000.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65UYRT34AOQ&Expires=1367435154&Signature=ww2r%2B07n08KiY7Ng%2BNDwASgzQaE%3D

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • Options
    blush64blush64 member

I didn't do much. I did eat some lunch meat in the second trimester but not much. I actually ate veggie 'sushi' a week ago at the same gathering as another pregnant friend. It was from a place we have been to many times in the past. I ended up feeling horrible throwing up and other intestinal issues and pain which I assumed was a bug of some sort but she ended up in the hospital for a few days. I do believe it's probably a coincidence but I'll wait until baby is here until I eat any more.

For the most part I like to follow the doctor's instructions. 

EDIT I know most things aren't going to do anything negative even when they warn us about them but I was so nervous because of my past that I didn't want to do anything that could affect anything just in case.  

EDIT 

• Options

I was told by an older co-worker (she has kids my age) that I was not to go to the dentist when I am pregnant!  She said that the baby could get an infection or something from my teeth being clean.  Then she gave me that nasty 'You should know better' look! 

Lady!  Things have changed in 30 years!  Don't you judge me!!!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary image image image image
  • Options
    imagekellpaluga13:
    I was told by an older coworker she has kids my age that I was not to go to the dentist when I am pregnant!nbsp; She said that the baby could get an infection or something from my teeth being clean.nbsp; Then she gave me that nasty 'You should know better' look!nbsp; Lady!nbsp; Things have changed in 30 years!nbsp; Don't you judge me!!!

Wow! My OB actually recommends a trip to the dentist!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't done anything! I can't you how badly I want a caffeinated iced coffee, unsweetened iced tea, sushi, a subway bmt, and a glass of sangria! So close everyone!!
  • Options

I was pretty good. I did drink a lot of iced tea. But not til 3rd tri. 

I took hot baths. I also slept on my back a bit. And lifted as much as I f'ing wanted at the gym. But doc was fine with that.  

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have followed the rules to the book and then some probably! I even felt guilty after having a decaffeinated latte, because I know there is some caffeine in it.

When I found out I was pregnant I vowed to give this little one the best 9 months in me I could offer. I know that most things have minimal risk, but no matter how minimal the risk I just couldn't justify it in my mind. Nothing has seemed worth it.

I can't wait to have an iced coffee, I think I miss that more then my margaritas!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I drink a cup of coffee every day.  If I don't have coffee, I have a coke.  I ate deli meat (which I didn't know at first was a no-no) I lifted what I had to lift.  I have had 4 glasses of wine total, with plans for another one on Saturday at my baby shower.  I still sleep on my back. 

My OB has told me several times that he has no problem with 1 glass of red wine once a week during 3rd tri, and a hot bath whenever I want.  In fact he says when I have painful BH to get a 1/2 glass of wine and get in the bath to relax.  He also says its good for my blood pressure. Smile

• Options
    imageBlueyed228:

imagelove.love:
    third time around I was much more relaxed about the "rules"

carried the older two around, drank coffee most days of the week, occasional 3rd tri red wine, sushi all the way through, and did bootcamp into 2nd tri.

I love your sig pic. 

thank you! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    violet (01.06.2011) & colt (09.27.08)
    expecting surprise baby no.3 may 3rd
  • Options
    I have eaten turkey subs but I have them microwave the meat first. I played it safe. I'm a better safe than sorry type person and I'm a big worrier so for my own comfort and sanity I didn't do anything not by the book. I am still working though and will continue to work until I deliver (I hope).
  • Options
    I gave up coffee in 1st tri because I was going to "do it all right". Yeah that didn't last. I've had subway all the way through, coffee every day, a soda a few times a week, a couple glasses of champagne and wine since 2nd tri. Lift way more than I should, move furniture around still at almost 39 weeks, still working full time. Oh and why can't we cross our legs?!?
  • Options
    KashyKashy member

imageslweaver0626:
    I cleaned cat litter twice a week every week. I'm actually going to clean it again today at 40wk 1day. :)

lol this is one thing I love NOT doing haha  

I drink a coffee everyday, I eat lunch meat, hotdogs, tuna almost daily.  

I was so paranoid at the beginning of my pregnancy, but as time got on I decided it was ok.

Augustus David - Born 5/08/13

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I ate lunchmeat and sausages...but only after I found out I had GD issues. It's ironic that I jumped on the no no after the diagnosis. But seriously, it's hard balancing protein all freaking day and that's what the nutritionist told me to add into my diet. I know I've said it a billion times but I farkin' hate GD. 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• Options

I drank a SMALL cup of coffee every morning (4 oz or so). I also ate cold deli meat a few times in my 2nd and 3rd trimesters. No alcohol or raw sushi though. I gladly let my DH take over litter box duty though. 

Also- still working full time and on my feet all day, but my Dr. is fine with it as long as I can take it. 

• Options
    imagekryshy123:
    I gave up coffee in 1st tri because I was going to "do it all right". Yeah that didn't last. I've had subway all the way through, coffee every day, a soda a few times a week, a couple glasses of champagne and wine since 2nd tri. Lift way more than I should, move furniture around still at almost 39 weeks, still working full time. Oh and why can't we cross our legs?!?

I was told not to cross my legs bc it severely affects circulation, causes spider veins and baby will have a hard time moving down... It was grandma, mom and mil who told me that. And a few other mothers I know... I've got 3 days to go and no spider veins and baby dropped weeks ago. Feels like a bowling ball in my pelvis. I look like an old woman when I shuffle and waddle...
  • Options
    cup of coffee each day and hot bath each night, sure want a turkey sandwich though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"